20 year 747 FO makes $86/hr is latest at Kalitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
lufthansa B727 said:
It's unbelievable that you kalitta and wana-bee kalitta ###### will rationalize the dangers and illegal activities that you conduct in this business and the risk your willing to undertake for the sake of a GOD-DAM paycheck!!!!! Get a life and either get a real job with employers who play by the rules or find a new career that doesn't risk your life or mine. You are pathetic. I've been at Lufthansa since 1986, where I enjoy a six figure income, airplanes that are maticulously maintained, with six weeks vacation annually, six weeks of sick leave provided annually as an entitlement, and a government pension when I reach 55. (I joined LH when it was a government owned airline, subject to government pensions.) I quess you americans who can pass a ATP written exam in two hours (FAA standards) after memorizing the anwers to questions, and who instrument ratings and pilot licenses never expire would expect to get incompentent and dangerous pilots flying for scum bag employers like Connie Kalitta.

I bet the guys you fly with cant wait for you to draw that pension.

lufthansa B727 said:
I quess you americans who can pass a ATP written exam in two hours (FAA standards) after memorizing the anwers to questions, and who instrument ratings and pilot licenses never expire would expect to get incompentent and dangerous pilots flying for scum bag employers like Connie Kalitta.

20 November 1974; Lufthansa 747-100; Nairobi, Kenya: The aircraft was not properly configured for takeoff and stalled shortly after becoming airborne, crashing about 3600 feet (1100 meters) beyond the end of the runway. The crash killed 55 of the 140 passengers and 4 of the 17 crew

The aircraft crashed during takeoff. The hydraulic systems were not configured properly for the departure, which resulted in the failure of the leading-edge slats to extend even though they had been selected down by the flight crew.

Looks like you guys have lost more 747s than Connie.

European ATPs:

I've never met a European ATP who had to wash dishes and wait tables to build a flying career. I've met a few European ATPs who don't know why their HSIs precess when they're flying through ice clouds. I've known many European ATPs who magically get all the multi engine time and turbine time they'll ever need over a one year period in the US.

Why people attack other pilots:

Now, I don't work for Kalitta. I do, however, have enough experience to know that when you see someone running around, bitching about an operation and attacking their pilots, that the whiner usually has screwed something up. Typically the event goes somethign like this:

Person A freaks out over a minor incident. He subsequently screws up something important. Rather than evaluate his own performance, he defends his precious self image by attacking person B.

Why I want to be a Kalitta whore:

Although I have decent references and no blemishes on my record, Kalitta/Evergreen/Whatever seems like it's more my speed. I can't really see myself sitting in front of TV screens, debating with my capt/fo whether or not I have a regulation haircut. On this last point, I realize that my goals are unconventional, and I leave myself open to criticism.

Actually, some of the sharpest guys I've met have been Canadian or from northern US states. Again, that's based on my limited experience.

E170Guppykiller said:
Anyone that would work at Kalitta is definately a whore!

With all your experience you whould know huh??
Quit with the flamebait, and get off your parents' computer junior, its past your bed time!

lufthansa B727 said:
It's unbelievable that you kalitta and wana-bee kalitta ###### will rationalize the dangers and illegal activities that you conduct in this business and the risk your willing to undertake for the sake of a GOD-DAM paycheck!!!!! Get a life and either get a real job with employers who play by the rules or find a new career that doesn't risk your life or mine. You are pathetic. I've been at Lufthansa since 1986, where I enjoy a six figure income, airplanes that are maticulously maintained, with six weeks vacation annually, six weeks of sick leave provided annually as an entitlement, and a government pension when I reach 55. (I joined LH when it was a government owned airline, subject to government pensions.) I quess you americans who can pass a ATP written exam in two hours (FAA standards) after memorizing the anwers to questions, and who instrument ratings and pilot licenses never expire would expect to get incompentent and dangerous pilots flying for scum bag employers like Connie Kalitta.

All that experience, knowledge, and time off yet you're still an a55hole!

Latest resources

Back