• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

20 year 747 FO makes $86/hr is latest at Kalitta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No offense but this commentary makes me feel like an idiot for trying to pursue this career.

He-he..Welcome to the real world.

I was an idiot too a few years ago:
I was chasing the "good" jobs and all that.

After being fired and furloughed a few times, then gettin good jobs, promoted and furlughed, hired and promoted and furloughed again and again, I finally gave up and just said to hell with it...

The last TA proposed pay scales..

As for the question of FO pay at Kalitta you are correct it is $86.00 an hour on the top end, which I believe stands at year 8.. correct me if I'm wrong. However, one of the few good changes on the last TA was the FO pay scale. I believe it went up to 20 years and was at a 2/3 scale with the captains. Again, I do not have my copy of the TA in hand, but these are my recollections. As for the question of how to pay an FO or Captain in this industry. Depending on how you want to look at it, this industry has paid pilots by in large (and yes I undestand there will be exceptions) by the size and the level of responsibility, as well as, the overall gross revenue that pilot helps to generate. The Union Reps. are currently working through the last rejected TA with the company to change the language. My understanding is the union is pushing to leave the pay scale in tact while changing those issues the pilot surveys found to be key in rejecting the contract. If my information is wrong then please correct me, but this is to the best of my knowledge. The first meeting back at the negotiations left much to be desired, however, we are standing by with the understanding that the contract we have now is better than what was just proposed a few months prior. And with that said, we wish our guy's at the negotiating table the very best!

CSY Mon said:
He-he..Welcome to the real world.

I was an idiot too a few years ago:
I was chasing the "good" jobs and all that.

After being fired and furloughed a few times, then gettin good jobs, promoted and furlughed, hired and promoted and furloughed again and again, I finally gave up and just said to hell with it...

are you still flying? for whom, if so? if not, what do you do now?

Kalitta sounds like a good place to go after flying single pilot night freight. I guess I'm a wannabe whore.

jafo20 said:
Kalitta sounds like a good place to go after flying single pilot night freight. I guess I'm a wannabe whore.

Anyone that would work at Kalitta is definately a whore!

Like anyone who workes for Chicken Taco or any of their incarnations?

are you still flying? for whom, if so? if not, what do you do now?

Yeah, still flying...Hauling 747s across the skies for Tradewinds Airlines.

Not a good job, not a bad job, but the paycheck is on time...Every time.

I guess I'm a whore for wanting to fly for a company that gives lower time guys a chance at the heavy iron. Now if TWA, PanAM or Eastern were still hiring, I would probably apply there, but.................................

lufthansa B727 said:
It's unbelievable that you kalitta and wana-bee kalitta ###### will rationalize the dangers and illegal activities that you conduct in this business and the risk your willing to undertake for the sake of a GOD-DAM paycheck!!!!! Get a life and either get a real job with employers who play by the rules or find a new career that doesn't risk your life or mine. You are pathetic. I've been at Lufthansa since 1986, where I enjoy a six figure income, airplanes that are maticulously maintained, with six weeks vacation annually, six weeks of sick leave provided annually as an entitlement, and a government pension when I reach 55. (I joined LH when it was a government owned airline, subject to government pensions.) I quess you americans who can pass a ATP written exam in two hours (FAA standards) after memorizing the anwers to questions, and who instrument ratings and pilot licenses never expire would expect to get incompentent and dangerous pilots flying for scum bag employers like Connie Kalitta.

just curious, what did Connie do to you? :confused:

Latest resources

Back