• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

20 ABX DC9 Captains Surplussed

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Depends on how fast the DC-9's are parked. The junior 20 of the ILN based 767 F/O's are senior to the the bottom half of the DC-9 F/O's as are all of the MIA based 767 F/O's. I expect to see WARN notices to the bottom 20 or so DC-9 F/O's in the near future. The next 20 or so will get notices as the surplused DC9 CA's go through training (if they do). If not, then when the next set of notices comes some DC9 F/O's may be in a position to bump into the right seat of the 767. If that happens I expect they will sit at home on the payroll until the 767 F/O's junior to them get notices. Eventually you'll have 767 CA's moving to the right seat and anyone sitting at home with come off the payroll.

Well Eric he who knows all, once DHL parks all the aircraft ATSG/ABX will file BK. I personally do not see Joe running a training department while all the aircraft are parked and no revenue is coming in. Bottom line is no retraining! I say DHL pulls the plug Jan 1 or sooner! Please do not quote me the CBA if you read my post I said "THE UNION" I did not say I did not think ABX could open KIX dom. And per the ACMI DHL is responsible for funding our retirement while we have a contract with them.

ABX, because of the DHL ACMI is the only segment of ATSG that is currently making money.

Can't argue yea or nay to any of your other points, but I seriously doubt that we're losing money, and I seriously doubt that Cappy is losing either. No clue about CAM, but I can hazard a guess. Although our fearless leaders year in and year out have felt the need to cry that we can't survive under our then and now current cost structure, we've made millions year in and year out when the final results became public. If we are losing money now, it's because it's being squirreled away from us using some good old fashioned recipes in the ATSG kitchen. Someone along the chain is lining their pockets, and it ain't us...

Last edited:
In talks with HR today they said a "big announcement" was scheduled for Monday...

Off the subject a little here... We at Pace Airlines just accepted delivery of a leased ABX 767-200. Of course our management doesn't say why or what it's for. Can anyone at ABX shed any light on this? Is ABX leasing a/c or is Pace "stealing" someone's flying. I'm just trying to get an idea.

N714AX is the ACFT. I believed it was dry-leased to you folks. Probably the first of many, not all to PACE, I am sure they will spread them around. Curious, do you guys have 767's on your certificate?

Off the subject a little here... We at Pace Airlines just accepted delivery of a leased ABX 767-200. Of course our management doesn't say why or what it's for. Can anyone at ABX shed any light on this? Is ABX leasing a/c or is Pace "stealing" someone's flying. I'm just trying to get an idea.

Can't argue yea or nay to any of your other points, but I seriously doubt that we're losing money, and I seriously doubt that Cappy is losing either. No clue about CAM, but I can hazard a guess. Although our fearless leaders year in and year out have felt the need to cry that we can't survive under our then and now current cost structure, we've made millions year in and year out when the final results became public. If we are losing money now, it's because it's being squirreled away from us using some good old fashioned recipes in the ATSG kitchen. Someone along the chain is lining their pockets, and it ain't us...

cappy is making money also. in talking with alot of different abx crews at different cities and such I have come to the conclusion that most abx pilots no nothing about cappy and ati.

Yeah Pace has had 757's on the certificate for over 6 years, but we just got our first 767 about a year ago. We've heard rumors that we are getting 2 more 767's in pax config.

I guess we are leasing 147 for some cargo contract out of MIA. We don't have cargo approval on our ops specs yet, but I guess that is also in the works.

Yep. Would not be surprised to see you possibly get quite a few of our acft. We have I believe 14 going to cargo mod over the next few years and then they are going to a leasing company called CAM. They used to all fly for ABX Air.

Latest resources

Back