• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2 -v- 1 (close call with a Viper)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just read an FAA advisory that says charts will now contain numbers and frequencies for controlling facilities of MOA's so pilots can determine active floors and times. Should help reduce conflicts for those interested in doing so.

As a former Military Pilot, there is no reason to jeopardize your career in an attempt to go "air to Air" with a single engine, civilian airplane which is flying straight and level, and does'nt know where you are...exactly. Forget MOA vs. Non-MOA areas, and airspace rules...it's all a mute point. This whole incident is equivalent to "shooting fish in a barrel"...what a waste of talent !!!

If firefighting or EMS work is going on I have absolutly no problem knocking it off and exiting the MOA or not even getting airborne. Training is nowhere near as impotant as those duties. Photo ops, call first and make sure no big excersize is going on and let us know what altitude you need and what specific area you will be in and we will work around you, i've done it before, no problem.

The only problem I have is with guys that have the attitude that they are pressing through an active MOA because it is their right to do so, damn all military operations. This is not a safe practice and will lead to a death some day. I say make them all resrticted areas or make it mandatory to get a clearance PRIOR to entering from the controlling angency.

The best solution to this whole mess is to give the Philadelphia Lawyer in the Pilatus an "incentive" ride in an F-16 ( preferrably defensive BFM). While he is puking his guts out, seeing black and gray, and doing the funky chicken, send a 172 tooling through the fight to give a little perspective.

Last edited:
Moa

Last week I had to hold above 20K in a MOA while a twin decided to tour the airspace which resulted in a planned 1 v 1 mission above 20K when we had an original planned floor of 9K..ie..loss of training!

This is applies to most of the CIV guys throwing out spears on the MILITARY SECTION...SUCK IT! Ohhh yes I know what the next word coming out of your sucks will be..arrogance..ego...yes I do. Bottom line is, all of the fighter guys on the MILITARY POST are better than you. When I land at an FBO, I don't come up to your CIV plane jizzing all over it. Ohh yes, you're the guys that tell me you would've been a fighter pilot but....yeah, yeah..blahh.blahh.

Next time you are out flying and multiple SA-6's get shot at you, then you have to make a decision to drop weapons in close proximity of our brothers on the ground, I 'll have a beer with ya. Don't bore me with the shots you are taking at the good dudes on this post whom have worn the uniform. Some of you are such pricks that you keep throwing out "Top Gun" quotes..get over it!

After reading the last 10 pages I wasn't going to post but do you want to know something? I hate all of you!

Love, Angry Taz

Last week I had to hold above 20K in a MOA while a twin decided to tour the airspace which resulted in a planned 1 v 1 mission above 20K when we had an original planned floor of 9K..ie..loss of training!
Love, Angry Taz

Whaaa....whaaa..sob, sob..that civillian made me fly at 20k...sob...sob...instead of my planned 9k...sob...sob...I hate them all...sob...sob...

Are all of the officers in your unit such crybabies?

ooookayyyyy......
That should help. :rolleyes:

I'm getting deja vu when I visit this thread about once a week. How about we stop the madness.
Or not. I doubt this last entry is going to be left untouched. ;) Okay, now the last two entries.

I guess it's "fights on" - again. Oh well. See you in a week.

Latest resources

Back