• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2 -v- 1 (close call with a Viper)

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hmmm a highly competitive buisness where every pilot is trying to outshine the other pilot. Board time comes up and everyone has a perfect record except one guy. He may not be at a radio listening post but I bet his career is severely side tracked.

Same as a civilian crew who does something stupid and has to go before the CP. In the end they know your name and thats never a good thing.

Yup your right nowhere did I say they would get fired but the CP would still know their names and that is never a good thing.

A good career is for the CP to say "who's retiring?"

No matter how you spin this event it was caused by two VFR aircraft flying through an active MOA! There is nothing irresponsible, dangerous or even illegal in what the F-16 pilot did. If you think so, then sorry, cry to AOPA about it since they seem to care!

You have no idea what it takes to be a military pilot or how we interact with one another in a work environment. It is not anywhere near what you're implying...which is quite frankly a totally false assessment. Messing around with some stupid yahoos going through the airspace during a fight is so low on the priority list it doesn't even register. Safety of flight and insuring deconfliction from said yahoos would be #1...followed by actually performing the training we need to execute the mission's we're assigned, either at home or overseas. Otherwise we'd just be burning holes in the sky and a lot of JP-8 for no reason!

Here's some more clarifying information if you haven't seen it: http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archives/avflash/1097-full.html#197689

Build a bridge and get over it already...

Last edited:
How about we'll agree to stay out of your military areas if you agree to stay out of all our civilian and commerical areas?
It works on so many levels.

How about we'll agree to stay out of your military areas if you agree to stay out of all our civilian and commerical areas?
It works on so many levels.

Maybe the military should shut down all the MOA's and turn them into restricted areas?

Or how about we learn how to get along with each other and respect the intent of a certain type of airspace?

Its unfortunate that the pure civilians on here cannot see the dangers posed by entering an active MOA just because "I CAN". Those dangers are for everyone involved.

Having seen both sides of the argument and having seen what can go on inside a MOA, I choose to stay out.

Latest resources

Back