• Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2 Pilots quit SWA & went to Frontier

mynameisjim said:
So what does a Station Manager manage?

The station.

We (pilots) serve cities.

Been doing this for about 20 years now and have never heard a city referred to a "station". The actual work place at the airport, yes. A rumor of a base, no. Being "stationed" is a military term because they live in "bases". Sort of.

Glad to hear they quit before they were worked to death. I new something had happen though to explain my 2 number jump in seniority. Hope I can just hang on. Man it is tough.

Tejas I think you are predicting MHT as the new base. All the gates are full every night and there are jets on the ramp.

SWA/FO said:
Some would call that CRAZY. Some would call that BRILLIANT. Some folks just can't look down the road, far.

What I mean by that is: there was a guy that was here at Southwest, and he had no real airport near him.. So he had to drive to MCO, something like a 6 hour drive to sit on reserve. He went crazy in a short period of time and quit. I always thought (1) this guy could not talk Momma into moving from BFE or (2) this dude never thought he would get off reserve.

I personally consider this "short sighted" - such is the same when folks claim we fly 8 legs a day... times are changing. The Southwest Airlines one grew up with, will be a completely "different animal" (to steal a line) in the future. Can you say "HEAVY" baby!!!! (I know you can CaptMark).

:pimp: the SWA/FO

Speaking of short sighted. Maybe the guy had other opportunities that were a better fit for him than being a Southwest pilot. That guy today could very well be quite happy with no regrets at all. I know how difficult that must be for you to understand given all the time you spend cheerleading and thinking of nothing else. If anyone is short sighted, it is you.

SWA/FO said:
" Can you say "HEAVY" baby!!!! (I know you can CaptMark).:pimp: the SWA/FO

i only say it when i am not flying and in the app/dep enviornment...one thing about taxiing a heavy is that you can see all the dirt on top of the swa airplanes...such a pretty orange(like our purple)...that would be interesting if u guys got big jets but herb had a plan and u might not want to mess with it...one aircraft type has worked pretty well over the years...i did take this photo the other day at JFK...it may be closer than u think...

http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/photo_search.php?id=00000127

Last edited:
CaptainMark said:
..one thing about taxiing a heavy is that you can see all the dirt on top of the swa airplanes...

How are you able to see all that in the middle of the night?:confused: :laugh:

I know how difficult that must be for you to understand given all the time you spend cheerleading and thinking of nothing else.

We have a winner!!!

0562 MEM-LAX xxxxx06...1600 1835 435 LAX 6025
0308 LAX-MEM xxxxx06...0700 1219 319

a recent trip...daytime...easy to see all that ..60hrs worth

Last edited:
Hey Capt.Mark they don't make us maintain 3000' until 6 DME off of OAK in OAK anymore...is that cus' you heavy guys told OAK to stop? Can't get that beast down?

Latest resources

Back