• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2 Pilots quit SWA & went to Frontier

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some would call that CRAZY. Some would call that BRILLIANT. Some folks just can't look down the road, far.

What I mean by that is: there was a guy that was here at Southwest, and he had no real airport near him.. So he had to drive to MCO, something like a 6 hour drive to sit on reserve. He went crazy in a short period of time and quit. I always thought (1) this guy could not talk Momma into moving from BFE or (2) this dude never thought he would get off reserve.

I personally consider this "short sighted" - such is the same when folks claim we fly 8 legs a day... times are changing. The Southwest Airlines one grew up with, will be a completely "different animal" (to steal a line) in the future. Can you say "HEAVY" baby!!!! (I know you can CaptMark).

:pimp: the SWA/FO

"I just don't get the move to Frontier from SWA"

I don't either...That's why I was asking. Maybe commuting issues? Any rumor or fact to a DEN pilot base for SWA? Po

I know the Company is trying to aquire 8 more gates in DEN. We have 4 + 8 more = 12.... in less then a year?

My 2 cents,

He left for QOL issues, IMHO. No reason to get dragged into a whole "our airline is better than yours" debate.

I chose F9 because of the DEN base, along with other factors. Had I wanted to work somewhere else, another airline might have been an option for me if they had a domocile that was close. And as I sat on reserve for 21 months, I am VERY happy that I didn't have to commute.

Maybe Scoreboard has it right, SWA is going to the Airbus and they are going to acquire us and Blue.

In this industry, who knows?

Jetsi

Porch said:
Any rumor or fact to a DEN pilot base for SWA? Po

For all of us amateurs trying to figure out where the next Pilot base could be....maybe we should look at how many gates a non-Pilot base has....then we should look at how many airplanes spend the night at that station at each gate....

<deep breath>

...then we should look at how many airplanes are parked out on the ramp at night because the gates are full at that station....then we should look at number of destinations served from that station....

IMHO...the one with the most would be the station likely to be the next Pilot base....Where does DEN stand compared to other stations?

Tejas

canyonblue737 said:
Yeah, they whip us over here and make us work 30 day months with only 1 day off!

You guys must hate September, April, June, and November, but especially Feburary. ;)

Tejas-Jet said:
...then we should look at how many airplanes are parked out on the ramp at night because the gates are full at that station....then we should look at number of destinations served from that station....

IMHO...the one with the most would be the station likely to be the next Pilot base....Where does DEN stand compared to other stations?

Tejas

A little new to this game eh kernal?

They are cities. Stations are something you had in the army.

Just trying to help.

I don't understand what all the hubba is about. These are two great jobs, people that work in both companies love it. So why not? If QOL will improve by not commuting or going to a place where your wife got a better paying job, or to be close to family and friends.
Now, If you would tell me that they left to go to NWA and sit reserve in the Diesel 9 in Detoilett?
They need to be in "medical leave" for a sociological evaluation

Latest resources

Back