• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2-9-10 7pm: UPDATE: Delta, US Airways May Drop Planned Landing Slot Swap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm all for allowing WN the opportunity to bid for some LGA and Especially some DCA slots. It won't hurt anybody. Remember, the government won't let any legacy carrier fail....

The key word is BID

Demanding parties sell slots immediately alters the competitiveness of the sale. For starters two of the most interested parties will not be involved. Secondly, the prices will be lower just on the simple fact that most will bid low knowing they have to be sold.

If they want to offer slots to AAI and LUV they need to take a slot away from each carrier and make those airlines pay top bid price plus inflation from the last bid price. Maybe they need to pay three years of lost revenue off that slot as well.

The key word is BID

Demanding parties sell slots immediately alters the competitiveness of the sale. For starters two of the most interested parties will not be involved. Secondly, the prices will be lower just on the simple fact that most will bid low knowing they have to be sold.

If they want to offer slots to AAI and LUV they need to take a slot away from each carrier and make those airlines pay top bid price plus inflation from the last bid price. Maybe they need to pay three years of lost revenue off that slot as well.

Someone in this government needs to read "Atlas Shrugged"..OOps I forget, they dont have time to read 1000+ pages..

The gov't needs to BUTT-OUT! (Pan-Am)

CYA

If I were Delta I would just announce that because of the decision of the Gov. We had to rethink our strategy going forward and we have decided to pull out of JFK, MEM, and CVG effective in 6 months, let all those towns get freaked out and complain to the gov in the next month to change their minds.

If I were Delta I would just announce that because of the decision of the Gov. We had to rethink our strategy going forward and we have decided to pull out of JFK, MEM, and CVG effective in 6 months, let all those towns get freaked out and complain to the gov in the next month to change their minds.

I bet USAIr will announce the dropping of all the smaller cities they fly to from LGA, and see how that goes over. They already dropped the LGA crew base, too. Sen. Schumer will have to eat that.

See if they drop cities he wins as they will just try to allocate slots and not auction them off.

I see a nice little fight brewing. Never good when big companies are very silent on an issue. They never just shrug their shoulders and say "Oh well."

Maybe that too, but Jet Blue is on record as wanting in to DCA. This smells of it.

I work for JetBlue and we barely can keep the airline flying during an irop and one thinks that we have that much pull to get someone to force Delta and USAir to give up slots to us........I do not know what you are smelling but it is not blue juice.

I bet USAIr will announce the dropping of all the smaller cities they fly to from LGA, and see how that goes over. They already dropped the LGA crew base, too. Sen. Schumer will have to eat that.

LCC mngtm said yesterday they have no intention of reducing mainline flying out of LGA , even with the closure of the LGA crew base. But nothing was said about the regional flying.

I work for JetBlue and we barely can keep the airline flying during an irop and one thinks that we have that much pull to get someone to force Delta and USAir to give up slots to us........I do not know what you are smelling but it is not blue juice.

It has nothing to do with your operation. It has to do with the Senator that got you your initial slots and his desire to get you more. If you think they are not pulling for you, you need to dig a little deeper.

Heyas,

As an example of how absurd this is:

ACL and I own some 1 bedroom units in a condo building on the 3rd and 5th floors. The market is much better for 2br units, so ACL and I decide we're going to swap units so that each one of our units are next to each other, and we can knock some walls down to make a bigger unit. The condo board is fine with all this.

Then the city housing authority, which really has no business in this, comes in and says: "no, no, for us to approve this, you each need to give up a unit so we can build a halfway house in units you gave up".

If I were LCC and DAL, I'd go tell them to piss up a rope also.

Nu

Latest resources

Back