• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

2-9-10 7pm: UPDATE: Delta, US Airways May Drop Planned Landing Slot Swap

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and why not have SW or JB in DCA or Lga(more)? what good does it do to have a single dominant carrier at both Airports? I'm suprised they even approved this at all.... well not really..

Hey, can you give up some of your ORD slots to Virgin America, and while you are at it, also give up a gate or two? And, since it looks like you are a JB guy, how about giving Virgin America some of your primetime slots at rush hour at JFK? Sure, just give them a few, maybe 20 or so. No biggie. Maybe they want to go to LGB too. How about 5 or 10 slots there also?

I think it is time DL asks the LGB city council for 10-20 slots at LGB too, and they can fly it all at a loss.....or throw some Mesa Dash-8s in there during the JB rush.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
USAPA was against the swap. Go thank those dumba$$es. Just kidding. No way that Mary poppins fake union has enough pull to tie a shoe.

You are so wrong! USAPA has accomplished more than ALPA ever has! USAPA is a union by pilots for pilots, unlike Herndon who steals from pilots and delivers nothing.

Hey, can you give up some of your ORD slots to Virgin America, and while you are at it, also give up a gate or two? And, since it looks like you are a JB guy, how about giving Virgin America some of your primetime slots at rush hour at JFK? Sure, just give them a few, maybe 20 or so. No biggie. Maybe they want to go to LGB too. How about 5 or 10 slots there also?

I think it is time DL asks the LGB city council for 10-20 slots at LGB too, and they can fly it all at a loss.....or throw some Mesa Dash-8s in there during the JB rush.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Lee, remove your self from a delta bias for a sec. With a huge foot print in JFK and a two terminal LGA monopoly...did you really expect it to be approved as is? of course not. I'm sure your exec's didn't either, now they have a position to bargain/work from. Think of it logically.

I'm sure that WN would be interested in acquiring some DCA and some additional LGA slots as well. I guess we'll see how bad US/DL want this deal to go through. It's not like we're going to be going head to head with either US or DL. Out of DCA we'd probably only fly to MDW and out of LGA we might add a flight to HOU or maybe DEN. So there's no reason for US or DL to be afraid of allowing us a few extra slots is there?:uzi:;)

Last edited:
I'm all for allowing WN the opportunity to bid for some LGA and Especially some DCA slots. It won't hurt anybody. Remember, the government won't let any legacy carrier fail....

I'm sure that WN would be interested in acquiring some DCA and some additional LGA slots as well. I guess we'll see how bad US/DL want this deal to go through. It's not like we're going to be going head to head with either US or DL. Out of DCA we'd probably only fly to MDW and out of LGA we might add a flight to HOU or maybe DEN. So there's no reason for US or DL to be afraid of allowing us a few extra slots is there?:uzi:;)

Nope, no harm at all. Just like there is no harm in giving up just a little bit of scope...

Giving up a competitive advantage NEVER helps unless you are playing with friends, and there are no friends in business.

Divesting slots at DCA and LGA to carriers such as AirTran, JetBlue, and Southwest would hurt yields for both Delta and US Airways. This slot swap deal just isn't worth it with the DOT slot divestiture requirement.

So there's no reason for US or DL to be afraid of allowing us a few extra slots is there? YEAAAH,Riiiight, SW always goes after US or DL as a small littler sheep before turning into a Wolf.:beer:

Lee, remove your self from a delta bias for a sec. With a huge foot print in JFK and a two terminal LGA monopoly...did you really expect it to be approved as is? of course not. I'm sure your exec's didn't either, now they have a position to bargain/work from. Think of it logically.

The problem here is very big and unprecedented.

One again the government is trying to pick winners and losers. It never does a good job of that.

Furthermore, Delta and US Air acquired those slots in a slot auction. They are their property. We are not acquiring a airline. We are swapping assets. We are not merging. This is not about anti-trust as you would have if say DAL and CAL merged and we would be required to relinquish slots in the NYC area for anti-trust issues. This is two airlines swapping property.

Getting in the business of telling airlines what they can do and how and what they have to sell is bad business. I think that these two Congressmen behind this scam will be outed. It is politics usual, but totally unacceptable.

Well DAL settele? More than likely not. They are quite irritated. This deal does make DAL the leader in NYC, but it by no means throws out the competition.

If the government wants to be involved they need to regulate the industry completely. If they do not want to regulate it, then the need to stay out and lest the airlines self rationalize. This half baked crud needs to stop. It is why we are where we are as an industry 30 years after deregulation.

Latest resources

Back