• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

190 rolls out

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
With USAir and their MEC setting the pay scale bar on those types of planes, maybe more airlines will invest in them. That might bring back some jobs, but bring down salaries at the same time.....Sad.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: :(

I think usair is in a blundering panic to slash everything in sight. We're hoping CalExpress gets a big enough raise to make the casm difference even greater between a Boeing and an RJ.

I guess most forget that when the 737 came out with 100 seats installed.....marketing orginally called it a regional jet......WOW....think about it

Thanks Dizel8.

I don't see USAir lasting long enough to put a major dent in the 190 market. IMHO, it will be up to Neeleman to set the pay rate on the 190. It may be adventageous to set it a bit higher because he fully realizes that what ever rate he sets is the same pay rate Arpey will use at AA.

Didn't Air Canada purchase some 190's? I was under the impression that they would be operationg them prior to JetBlues deliveries.

Those USAir rates won't last for long. $38,000 would be first year pay. I can't believe that a 1988 USAir recall would take that job.

G4G5 said:

Those USAir rates won't last for long. $38,000 would be first year pay. I can't believe that a 1988 USAir recall would take that job.

Assuming a 1988 hire is still unemployed, why would he/she not take this job? Its better than nothing.

G4G5 said:
Didn't Air Canada purchase some 190's? I was under the impression that they would be operationg them prior to JetBlues deliveries.

As far as we know, JB will be the "official" launch customer of the EMB190. Maybe the Canadians count in a different regime? I don't think it's a race anyway.

C ya

Official launch customer....

Good luck with that. ASA was the launch customer with the E-120, three crashes later they still hadn't worked out the bugs. I sincerely hope you have better luck with the new jungle jet.

BTW it is a great looking beast.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back