170/175 and CRJ900

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

MCOE175

Why do the mainline people really care about the 170/175 being a mainline plane so much? It is the same thing as a crj900.
Is it because it has slides and engines under the wing?
Its still an RJ... stop the b$tching already!

Its not a mainline " plane " but it flies on routes that should be mainline.... and for that matter, the CR700 and 900 too....

They care about jobs that are suppose to be mainline jobs... not what the plane looks like..

maybe they arent the ones who need to stop whining.

Cheers!

Because us inferior regional pilots cannot handle the adverse yaw of a an engine-out scenario with wing mounted engines. Or so they say. It's like the 900 is a jet with training wheels (almost centerline thrust). Anyways....MESA SUCKS

Its not a mainline " plane " but it flies on routes that should be mainline.... and for that matter, the CR700 and 900 too....

They care about jobs that are suppose to be mainline jobs... not what the plane looks like..

maybe they arent the ones who need to stop whining.

Cheers!
Exactly what is a mainline route? I fly the 200 into the same airports that mainline flies into. It's just a matter of time of day and passenger demand. I say that your theory holds no water.

* hands a tissue for your tears

You guys really like flying an 86,000 pound airplane for 25 bucks an hour?

10 years ago the same size airplane was flown for 140 bucks an hour in the right seat. Why don't we start trying to make this a career that people strive to be in again instead of not being able to afford to do anything?

I don't think anyone likes flying any plane for 25 an hour... But we all start someplace... and I am sure that you all would have done it too had you had the chance.
We all want to move up and make more money...
But remember its not the regional guys fault.
Just remember who gave up scope!
Hence the reason the pay went down...

What is that smell????

Oh yea a dead horse!:smash:

You guys really like flying an 86,000 pound airplane for 25 bucks an hour?

10 years ago the same size airplane was flown for 140 bucks an hour in the right seat. Why don't we start trying to make this a career that people strive to be in again instead of not being able to afford to do anything?

Let us know when you get that done!

There may be some real good reasons why that changed! There may be even more reasons why it want be reversed. There is no incentive or will on the part of mainline pilots to invest negotiating capital to get it done. The only mainline pilots that you hear talking about it are the ones that have only been there a couple of years. Probably, when you get a little more time under your belt and hold good schedules flying a larger airplane--you want care about it anymore either.

But, I think most regional pilots would agree with your idea. It want happen--ever.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back