• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1500 hr bill passes senate!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me ask you this. Would you hire me if I had a good attitutde and explained 3 failures for the same ride? I'd have to seriously ask myself if I was in the other person's shoes would I seriously take the chance on this guy? When there is thousands of applicants with 0-1 failures. It suck's, but I think my app will automatically be overlooked by some computer sorting program.

This legislation may be a game changer in many ways. Anyone looking toward a flying career will have to be a lot more careful about where they get their training and who signed them off before a checkride. Better to spend more coin on training than build a record of busts.

Exactly couldn't have said it better myself. Which is where I'm standing right now. I'm sure I'm ready to go for another few ratings, but whats the rush I'll spend the time and drop the coin to make sure I'm beyond ready.

We should be happy this bill passed!! We want a pilot shortage!!!

If you can't make money as a CFI its because you're not doing it right.

sure about that? maybee 10 years ago but not now.

no, it's more about not having enough students because learning to fly is expensive and we're going through a recession

Let me ask you this. Would you hire me if I had a good attitutde and explained 3 failures for the same ride? I'd have to seriously ask myself if I was in the other person's shoes would I seriously take the chance on this guy? When there is thousands of applicants with 0-1 failures. It suck's, but I think my app will automatically be overlooked by some computer sorting program.

I think you may be worrying more than you should. Is this one rating that you've failed 3 times or is it a pattern with all your ratings? I think that makes a difference.

There may be some truth to computer screening programs causing a problem. You won't know until you try. But, if you get an interview those check rides won't be the only thing that matters. If there are pilots on the panel and you have reasonable explanations, chances are they will listen.

The problem every young pilot faces today is that pilots don't hire pilots; you have to deal with the HR people and they seldom know much about flying. Those people just put pegs in holes. Give them what they want and its very possible that you'll get by the glitch.

Just take your time and get well prepared. Don't make these busts a habit pattern.

Most important thing: Don't give up. If you really want something bad enough there's always a way to make it happen.

If flying is really what you want to do for a living, keep in my that the airlines are not the end-all of everything. There are many excellent opportunities in other types of flying that can produce a very successful career.

Keep the faith. Learn something new - everytime you fly. You'll be all right.

Hopefully this impending "shortage" will allow people like myself to be hired.

Only if you get your poop together my friend, whether the poop be preparation, checkride management, knowledge, maturity, intestinal fortitude, or skill.

Little wonder its screwed up. FSDOs are full of people who couldn't get a real job. Bunch of feathermerchants.

Awesome quote. It's just like saying the Regionals are full of pilots who couldn't get hired at a Major. You and General Lee think so much alike...

It all depends on the policy of that airline. You can wish all you want but HR at airlines are all about procedures, not about common sense. YOu can have 4000 hours as a space shuttle commander but if you do not meet a requirement like say only 2 failures in the last 5 years, you will not be looked at. Don't worry about anything though no use in it, I know plenty of people that not only have busted check rides but complete company training event failures, those are the guys that are actually screwed by this bill and will probably have to wait for the next hiring bus where all the airlines will go into warm body mode.

Awesome quote. It's just like saying the Regionals are full of pilots who couldn't get hired at a Major. You and General Lee think so much alike...

Nope, not the same at all. It's true about FSDO; it's not true about the regionals. The "regionals" are chock full of airline pilots most of whom are every bit as capable as those in the majors and some moreso.

Telling me I think like General Lee is a low blow. Our thinking is as different as night and day. You really know how to hurt a guy. :0 Remind me to do YOU a favor sometime. :smash:

Latest resources

Back