• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1500 hr bill passes senate!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
, I think everyone got an A and it was a waist of time. Just my two cents that a classroom is no substitute for a wing and a prayer.

Did they teach you how to spell "waste" in that class, or in 3rd grade spelling?

Did they teach you how to spell "waste" in that class, or in 3rd grade spelling?

I don't think I ever got "waisted" in 3rd grade, it just "bottles the mind".
4th grade was much different, almost a year's difference. Really!

If you can't make money as a CFI its because you're not doing it right.

What a pretentious statement, especially from someone with "1500+" hours of total time, including time as an FO, how much experience as a CFI did you have?

Last edited:
Having the classroom as a substitute completely contradicts this bill. I did not read the entire bill, from what I have seen/heard it seems it will come into effect in 36 months. That's a lot of time to change things around. It will be hard, especially in this economical climate for CFI's to build time. Its going to be interesting to see how this one will play out over time. What I really wonder is, why the 1500? Didn't the FO of the Colgan crash have 2000+ hours? I think there is good behind it but a lot of things look better on paper then in reality.

Last edited:
How would this have prevented the Colgan crash again?

How would this have prevented the Colgan crash again?

It would not have allowed the capt. to get hired with only 600 hrs and then upgrade with 2500 hrs. The biggest problem with the low time is when airlines have to upgrade. Now you have a low time capt and low time F/O'S. Bad combination. We won't even talk about how bad the pathetic selection process and background screening are at the commuters.

M

Last edited:
What a pretentious statement, especially from someone with "1500+" hours of total time, including time as an FO, how much experience as a CFI did you have?

I worked in a management position at a flight school for 2 years while I worked on my ratings, then for another year as an instructor.

Myself and the other CFIs were paid well and made money for the school.

So, I stand by my statement...it's true.

You can make money as a CFI by working at a quality flight school, delivering quality instruction and customer service to quality clients.

I worked in a management position at a flight school for 2 years while I worked on my ratings, then for another year as an instructor.

Myself and the other CFIs were paid well and made money for the school.

So, I stand by my statement...it's true.

You can make money as a CFI by working at a quality flight school, delivering quality instruction and customer service to quality clients.

So you worked in flight school management, and instructed for a single year and have the balls to say that anyone not making money as a CFI is doing it wrong? Yeah you sound like management...completely out of touch with reality.

Also, please do tell the other starving CFIs out there that their mistake is that they don't have "quality clients" and are not delivering "quality customer service"...

Last edited:
I am sure this legislation looks good on paper. However, how long will it take for the bill to actually grow some teeth and sink in?

So you worked in flight school management, and instructed for a single year and have the balls to say that anyone not making money as a CFI is doing it wrong? Yeah you sound like management...completely out of touch with reality.

Also, please do tell the other starving CFIs out there that their mistake is that they don't have "quality clients" and are not delivering "quality customer service"...

I think Johnpeace has a good point... If you set yourself apart from others with good customer service, words gets around and students will want to use you. It worked for me, and I made pretty decent money (decent for a CFI anyway).

Latest resources

Back