• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

15 More Q400's for Colgan-CAL

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And why won't they? Hell, thats what anyone wants at there airline is growth.

This is a Chance now for Colgan to have some kinda leverage to neg. a decent contract.

I guess that's one strategy. Personally, management wants growth just as much if not more than the pilots (to line their pockets) so I would think an argument could be made that there's more leverage prior to new aircraft than after. But, maybe not.

Well at Mesa JO dangled the Upgrade Carrot to them 2 contracts ago. They knew if they signed the contract more RJ's would be on the way.
So what happens is all the FO's would vote yes (to get a faster upgrade), and many Junior Capts. also would vote yes for a better QOL.
These votes tend to defeat the Middle to upper seniorty captains looking for money.

Just my take on it. Who knows. We all seem like suckers once or twice in our careers.

Ya because that's worked so well for Pinnacle and their new contract hasn't it? Oh wait...

Anyone flying a 50 Seat RJ doesn't have a chance now for any kinda pay improvement.

Even with oil dropping, airlines are looking to park the hell out of them.

Ya because that's worked so well for Pinnacle and their new contract hasn't it? Oh wait...
This is different, Colgan has ALPA and...um...er...nevermind.

How can we get paid what an entry level engineers gets paid? With modern cockpits and automation I could walk down the street and grab 10 folks with no experience and have about 8 them flying a modern jet in 6 months.

Bottom line is that job is not hard. And as long as people are willing to whore themselves it will never ever get better.

I agree with the whoring part, but, this job is hard. We carry the lives of our passengers in our hands everyday. My family is personally at risk for my actions every day I go to work. I can't close my office door, and put my head down or just phone it in. I have a hard job.

VV

Latest resources

Back