• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1261 days to go!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So this is what the Geezer Meter has become.

What a sad, sad hijack.

Time to un-sticky and let Undaunted and Yip use their CompuServe accounts to compare their reverse mortgages.
Hey if things work out for you, you to may be a Geezer some day, BTW Reverse Mortgages are pretty dumb

So this is what the Geezer Meter has become.

What a sad, sad hijack.

Time to un-sticky and let Undaunted and Yip use their CompuServe accounts to compare their reverse mortgages.

Well, you guys kind of brought it on yourselves with you uncool derogatory comments about older (senior, experienced?) pilots. So they pushed back.

I kinda thought this thread would be over but it turned into something else after the countdown. Well, fine. If you guys want to re-debate the issue five years later it seems like there are some who woul be happy to engage with you.

Just glad they are gone.

"they" are not yet gone. "they" are only one our two guys who left after turning sixty after Dec 13th. "they" would, accurately, be all those who got to stay five more years. It will take five years until "they" are all gone. And then..."they" will be around essentially forever, as "they" will be everyone....since 65 is (and has been, for five years) the new norm.

Already had 2 at US Airways West. Don't know about the east, I imagine their just gonna park a truck at K7 in PHL and just leave the hose running for the next 4 or 5 years.

"they" are not yet gone. And then..."they" will be around essentially forever, as "they" will be everyone....since 65 is (and has been, for five years) the new norm.

There you go, Laker4284 gets it completely. He's found the problem. He, and I hope others, see that the age-65 group is now everyone, including themselves.

Everyone will have the opportunity to fly to age 65 or retire early if they so wish. What a great change that helps everyone. Age-65 is a change that has come for the better for every Part 121 pilot.

So does this make everyone on a seniority list to be the new enemy of promotions? To some I guess that will be their view of everyone senior to them that doesn't retire "early." Whatever early is.

Last edited:
You are right that everyone got 5 potential years added to their career, but UF, what you fail to acknowledge is which 5 years were added. Those that were 55+ got an additional 5 premium pay years. Those that were in their 30's got 5 years of low pay, stagnation, and possible furloughs. That is where the problem lies!

You are right that everyone got 5 potential years added to their career, but UF, what you fail to acknowledge is which 5 years were added. Those that were 55+ got an additional 5 premium pay years. Those that were in their 30's got 5 years of low pay, stagnation, and possible furloughs. That is where the problem lies!

Of course, age-60 as a retirement age was a lie from the beginning that was based on complete BS, as has been proven over the last 5-years. Therefore in your argument you should mention that when the law went from no retirement age to age 60, didn't the under age-55 pilots get an unfair boost that helped advance the same group you identify as the victims of the age-65 change.

Shouldn't it be true that for every lie there must hopefully be a correction. Age-60 was a lie, and age-65 is the correction.

Of course, age-60 as a retirement age was a lie from the beginning that was based on complete BS, as has been proven over the last 5-years. Therefore in your argument you should mention that when the law went from no retirement age to age 60, didn't the under age-55 pilots get an unfair boost that helped advance the same group you identify as the victims of the age-65 change.

Shouldn't it be true that for every lie there must hopefully be a correction. Age-60 was a lie, and age-65 is the correction.

I won't argue weather age 60 was ever right or wrong. My beef has always been about implementation. Any overnight change in the rules helps some and screws some. The problem is that the implementation of 60 screwed a few. The implementation of 65 screwed thousands!

Latest resources

Back