• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 or go to FLEXJET

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flex. on my last 6 day rotation, I spent 2 nights at home in south Florida, and did nothing on Day 6. Great company, pay improving, other things tolerable or better. My resume will get dusty.......

Looks like you made the transition from a turboprop to the CL300 like he would make. Perhaps you could talk about that transition - easy/difficult?

How do you like flying the CL300? He might be interested in that too.

I haven't heard many negatives about the Challenger 300. I suppose the fact that those pilots work very hard (because the airplane is so versatile - long haul and short haul) could be one potential downer.

Looks like you made the transition from a turboprop to the CL300 like he would make. Perhaps you could talk about that transition - easy/difficult?

How do you like flying the CL300? He might be interested in that too.

I took one extra hour in the sim for training before my checkride. Everything went well. I had downloaded most of the flight manual from www.smartcockpit.com before I got to training and had the limitations memorized. Using an FMS for the first time was the biggest challenge. I insisted on spending as much time as possible using the box during system integration.

What I found first and foremost was the people at Flexjet wanted me to be successful. They gave me the resources to make it, I put in a little effort (and had agreat sim partner!), and it worked. They didn't give away the type rating - everything on the checkride had to be within tolerances - but they did remind me that you don't have to be perfect.

Flying the 300 is a lot of fun. The captains and passengers have all been good to work with, and I don't feel that dispatch is pushing too hard either. Great place to be - I plan on retiring from here!

Been at flex for about 7 months now and I'm usually one that starts looking for the next job after a few months at the new one. Not so here.

Money, schedule, people, airplanes are all great

The challenger is a sweet lookin plane. Finally got a chance to look in one today and the cockpit looks like they forgot all the stuff but other than that I ehar awesome things about it.

The biggest downfall at flex is our base system. We only have 4 and no jumpseat agreements.

If you have any questions feel free to PM me.

Hands down go to Flex! But don't hang up your resume. You will make a lot of contacts. Have fun, you will love the 300!!

Rum

Looks like you made the transition from a turboprop to the CL300 like he would make. Perhaps you could talk about that transition - easy/difficult? How do you like flying the CL300? He might be interested in that too.

CL300 is my first jet as well. The plane couldn't be easier. It's literally a Jet For Dummies. The plane tells you, via CAS, all you need to know then look in the QRH for the solution. Electrical took 30 minutes in ground school and I slept through it. ;)

Just don't try to flare like a T-prop for if you do it'll float for another 3000 ft. The CL300 makes going to work fun and I feel bad for all the guys bouncing around in the 30's working for a living.
:beer:

Flex....the grass is truly greener on the other side....

Take it from a brother who left the stressful empty pocket living as a regional pilot. Never looking back, and my blood pressure dropped 20 points.

HSF, their loss was our gain! You and your family (hugs to the kids) are a welcome addition to the NJ pilotgroup/extended Union family....:) NJW

Latest resources

Back