Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wings of america

wings of america
I'm working in a regional 121, with the opportunity to go to FLEXJET CL300 (fractional)

making more money in fractional that the regional

what is you opinion????

help!!!!!!!!!

Flex. Get a turbojet type. Were you already hired into the 300? If so than that is great. I have only heard great things about the plane. I have a good friend at Flex. He and I both used to work at different regionals and neither one of us are looking back. Remember the regionals are like mini-van racing.....even if you win you still loose. Never forget that A "great regional" is like comparing sh1t to diarrhea.

QOL at a fractional cannot be compared to a regional. It is like sleeping with an 8 or 9 versus sleeping with your step sister.

I'm working in a regional 121, with the opportunity to go to FLEXJET CL300 (fractional)

making more money in fractional that the regional

what is you opinion????

help!!!!!!!!!

Why would you want to stay in the regionals when the majors are considering consolidation, further cost cutting due to oil costs, etc.? The regionals could easily take the biggest hits - you never know...

Personally, I'd take the Flexjet job and run. Have you actually looked at a Challenger 300? As a new FO, you get to fly this awesome machine around:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1313709&size=L&width=1040&height=756&sok=&photo_nr=33

and this is your office:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1062940&size=L&width=1024&height=693&sok=&photo_nr=1

The Challenger 300s fly all around the US (including Hawaii), Canada, Latin America and even to Europe. You'll see a lot more in the CL300 than you would in the Dash 8...

Now it's true that you will likely fly the Lear 40/45 when you upgrade to PIC in a few years, but your time in the CL300 should be enjoyable and interesting. The CL300 is super popular with Flexjet's customers - I've heard it is sold out for a few years. It's a no-brainer - go to Flexjet and enjoy the new pay scale.

Sure, I hear Flexjet ain't perfect by any stretch (you can always improve aspects of the operation), but it probably beats any regional job given the industry's current realities...

Flexjet, with their new pay starting in May I believe they'll be equal to or better than most majors and close to NJ if not the same depending on schedule. Fractionals also offer better job security and flying. I miss flying pt91.

I'd go to Flexjet. The airline industry is a mess and it might get a lot worse. If you want to see where Flexjet aircraft fly (view airborne aircraft at any time), click on the following link:

http://flightaware.com/live/fleet/LXJ

Click on CL30 if you want to view airborne Flexjet CL300 aircraft. You can see where they fly and where they have been laying over (the previous few days). I counted 10 Flexjet CL300s flying simultaneously on Sunday.

Flexjet! Did the regional thing for close to 5 yrs., and there is no comparrison. Hopefully things will continue to improve here at Flex making it a great place to be.

Once you go to the fractionals you will realize how crummy the regionals really are. Most of the fractionals have stepped up to the plate and made serious improvements recently to keep their pilots happy and be able to continue recruiting good pilots. Take the first class you can get.

Take Flex.

I am curious if you posted this in the regional section as well? We are a little biased towards the Fractional world here.

I'll tell you that I have worked for a regional in the past, and love it at my current employer and would NEVER go back to the 121 lifestyle.

Flex. on my last 6 day rotation, I spent 2 nights at home in south Florida, and did nothing on Day 6. Great company, pay improving, other things tolerable or better. My resume will get dusty.......

Latest resources

Back