• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

121 night ops into ASE

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yeah I agree to the balked landing procedure-and I had no business going in there

ASE is like any other airport at night but does have some optical illusions. The runway is sloped upward, it's a 100 feet wide, it has some obstruction lights at the opposite end and that makes you seem high. Tower loves to give you a 10 knot tail wind and then mumble (gusting to 25). Most guys fly one dot low on the vasi when they get below 500 feet. It's like any other Localizer approach.

Disregard everything this guy says. He is full of it. ASE is NOT like any other airport at night. I would chime in, but I haven't been there since the Avro days of Mesaba. ASE is serious business every time you go in or out.

Disregard everything this guy says. He is full of it. ASE is NOT like any other airport at night. I would chime in, but I haven't been there since the Avro days of Mesaba. ASE is serious business every time you go in or out.
Disregard te first and last sentence. Everything in the middle is accurate.

If you are asking for ASE advice on Flightinfo you are on step 6 of a 7 step crash event chain. Godpseed.

I've been in there dozens of times, that's not the issue chief. I'm trying to see what current folks are doing. Great advice from the mesa guy....either contribute or shut up

Disregard te first and last sentence. Everything in the middle is accurate.

Do they call you Viper in the CRJ or is that your Microsoft call sign? You must be so good that ASE wouldn't be a problem for ya. No brief, just another mid-west airport for you.

Blesko,

As a previous SKYW ASE CA, we are not allowed to discuss our procedures outside the company. Good luck finding what you need. Sorry we can't help you.

I fly for a fractional and go into ASE all the time. We are not authorized to go there at night, and I honestly would NOT recommend it.

I operate a Citation that climbs well with a Hershey bar wing. I couldn't imagine doing it in an underpowered, stubby, swept-back wing CRJ at night.

I couldn't imagine doing it in an underpowered, stubby, swept-back wing CRJ at night.

CRJ as in CRJ200, yes, underpowered. The CRJ 700 however is not. I have gone to dinner with the tower controllers and they said we were one of the the best performing airplanes operating out of ASE. They said they regularly see corporate guys not making the climb gradients on departure.

Latest resources

Back