• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1200 hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree mostly with Refugee Pilot, although there are exceptions if the airline is open enough. For example, I've seen Allegiant interview an applicant for the MD80 with 1500 hours in the right seat of a CRJ.

DirtyBeech said:
Btw, do the give the Martex guys special training in jackassing a plane around the ramp during Indoc? God help one of you if the brakes ever go out on one fo those things.

No doubt! I saw one Martex dude on the ramp throw it into reverse and BACK the thing up. Nearly blew the UPS ramper over. Maybe they have a rear view mirror... And what's with ALL the daggum lights on (strobes included) when pulling into a ramp?!

Did he get the job?

time builder said:
I've seen Allegiant interview an applicant for the MD80 with 1500 hours in the right seat of a CRJ.

Did the person get the job? I think that is a rare exception, I was under the impression you need PIC to interview for the next step up? I met a BE99 pilot that had 4000 hours of SIC for the regionals. He had been furloughed 4 times since 9-11. As soon as he had a few hundred hours of PIC he was hired by Continental.

Do you think a company like AMF would put a new hire with 135 mins and some turbine (<100) in the BE99 to start out?

ROSWELL41 said:
Do you think a company like AMF would put a new hire with 135 mins and some turbine (<100) in the BE99 to start out?

It would probably depend on how much or your 1200 hours were multi PIC. And if you were willing to take an outstation run that has been difficult to fill.

PM me if you want to talk specifics.

ROSWELL41 said:
A couple hours of turbine time and you're too good for the PA31? :rolleyes:

It's a bitchin' plane, and more challanging to fly than the 99... good experience. I miss flying that thing around in all the lovely weather that the PDX-based runs have to offer.

To answer your question, though- yes, it has happened, but everyone that I know of hired with low time like that got interviewed because they knew someone already here. It would most likely depend on some other things (multi/PIC time, etc.) as well.

Last edited:
RefugePilot said:
Did the person get the job? I think that is a rare exception, I was under the impression you need PIC to interview for the next step up? I met a BE99 pilot that had 4000 hours of SIC for the regionals. He had been furloughed 4 times since 9-11. As soon as he had a few hundred hours of PIC he was hired by Continental.
I don't know, she felt like she did pretty well in the interview. I haven't seen her since. I'll agree she is the exeption, and I'm sure she had to be pretty well connected.
Airlines just don't hire someone with a marginal resume unless they have a real good reference.

Shortbus,
If you're already a gear monkey in AK, why not stay, and check in with Everts or NAC? I went back down to the states, and after serving my year to the regional Gods, I fantasize about going back an playing on floats or in the DC-6! I loved the flying up there. The isolation was a b!tch, and village life kinda blows in the winter time, but ANC or some other tourist town wouldn't be bad! I never would have believed how much I miss it!

Just to consider, as a 'jo pilot up there, I was pulling in 65/yr for my first year! And that's with barely over 1,000 hrs TT! You want IFR experience that's bad a$$ on the resume, it's the single pilot, multi engine IFR that comes standard where I was.

It's not for everybody, but everybody outta try it.

So what would be competitive times to get hired left seat in a jet a burner at AMF?

1800 TT 350 multi

"Book" times for the 99 are 1800 total and 350 AMEL PIC. Turbine time and additional AMEL could possibly get you in with less total. The main thing I would say is put in your online app and give them a call.

Maybe less if you are willing to go where no one else wants to go.

Latest resources

Back