• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1200 hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ameriflight, Airnet, Flight Express, RamAir (if you don't mind the pay), Empire, Mountain Air are all 135 operators with a relatively good reputation. Based on your qualifications, I'd say Ameriflight is your best bet, due to quick turbine upgrade. AirNow is also a possibility, if you aren't concerned about the pay and possibly the maintenance (do a search).

I'd also recommend Ameriflight. Upgrades are decent (quick) and they're good people (from what I've heard).

Good luck!

-mini

I second Ameriflight, and the advice to stay away from the Caravan. I flew freight in that stoopid plane for 600 hours before I got a brain and moved to a different company flying multi piston, then multi turbine equipment. Pretty close to a waste of 8 months of my life, and didn't do much for my resume either.

Last edited:
EatSleepFly said:
My beef now is getting stuck behind them. :uzi:

Hell yeah! And slowing down for 72's pisses me off too.

Flysher,
where is a Caravan job going to take you? Generally, it'll get you enough SINGLE engine turbine time to apply for a company that flys things with two motors, or a nice corporate gig if you can network a bit. There are some guys who can get further than that because of who they are/ know, but they are few and far between (yes 76L I'm talking to you :) ). Come to Ameriflight or a company like it, and get some platinum flight time in your logbook. Very few regret it.

Well I wasnt really implying that a Caravan job would take you anywhere BIG, but for me learning to fly the Caravan was another notch of experience in my belt. Sure the Caravan is "easy" to fly, but for me it opened up several new experiences that must add SOME value to my resume.

For example, out of the 3 aircraft that I fly, the caravan by far has the most complex electrical system, and its the only plane that im qualified in right now with a turbine engine. Sure its not a lear or a kingair 200, but its still a step up.

And yes its slower than cold molasses:laugh:

Flysher said:
you worked at airnet didnt you? or is that someone else im thinking of...:erm:

I didn't work for AirNet.

Anyways, don't get me wrong. I had fun flying the 'Van, and it was pretty good experience. The total turbine time is probably OK just for filling the box, too. I do somewhat regret taking a job flying one in the first place though- if I had come to AMF instead when I had 1200 hrs., I'd have a lot better quality (but less quantity) flight time. Would I fly a Caravan again? Not unless I owned it, and it was on amphibous floats on my private island in the Carribbean after I won the lottery. In other words, never gonna happen. :beer:

Latest resources

Back