1200 hours

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
frmrBUFFdrvr said:
"Book" times for the 99 are 1800 total and 350 AMEL PIC. Turbine time and additional AMEL could possibly get you in with less total. The main thing I would say is put in your online app and give them a call.

AND GIVE THEM A CALL! I can't emphasize that enough.

Flysher said:
Now i gotta come in on this one, I routinely do 170 on approaches at least until 800-1000 agl then i start slowing down. But thats the one place that it IS sorta fast, is on approach.
Well, yeah. Follow company policy and put in your gear before leaving 1500 AGL, you gotta slow down.
I'm talkin' about the extended approach, descending 30miles from the airport and getting speed restricted cuz there's a Van up ahead.

Not funny

I am just looking for a job, I don't care about turbine time, I have 800 plus hours of my 1200, I would like PIC or just the pay. I could go to the right seat of something for ok pay and QOL, but I cannot go to ACC so thats not very funny. Oz you know why, we've hung out...and you bring this up

If you don't care what you fly, Flight Express isn't a bad gig. $10/duty hour which works out to around $2800/month if you don't mind being on duty for 14 hours a day and spending some of them sleeping in a recliner. Yeah, it's a 210, but it's PIC. Plus, they're ALWAYS hiring. If you have the time, a pulse, and can pass training, you're in.

Doggin' on the Caravan

Back before I got my commercial license I knew a pilot flying freight out of GSO who let me sit in the right seat one night. Flying back into GSO ATC told us to "reduce speed to 160"...guess there was something slower ahead of us. Me and the pilot looked at each other and busted up laughing...of course I was just happy just to fly something burning kerosene...heck, I'd still be happy to!

Everyones hiring....just pick where you wanna live and find a job there.

shortbus driver said:
I am just looking for a job, I don't care about turbine time, I have 800 plus hours of my 1200, I would like PIC or just the pay. I could go to the right seat of something for ok pay and QOL, but I cannot go to ACC so thats not very funny. Oz you know why, we've hung out...and you bring this up

Don't waist any more time getting SIC, it is worthless at this point. Your total time does not count for anything unless it there is some PIC involved. The only reason to put up with logging any more SIC is because you will upgrades soon with that company, or you are making good money as SIC, like that will happen.

Nothing is more important than PIC multi, unless it is PIC tubine, or PIC Jet. Do whatever it takes to start building these numbers in your logbook.

Maybe I am biased as a I work for Ameriflight, but it seems like it would be your best option. Flight express will start you off in a C210 and with Airnet you may get in a Van to start off. You will go staight into a Navajo with Ameriflight, and start building some PIC multi.

All freight companies are now they are desperate for pilots, and are even hiring straight into the BE99 if you had some PIC you would have a chance but with mostly SIC you will have to start in a PA31.

Between interiewing and training you are a few months out, so fill out your apps today, and start calling.

Good Luck

Latest resources

Back