• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1108 Union Leadership Abandons Hostages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Edit: btw, we are about on schedule for a first contract. I predict before the new year it will be done, or there won't be a company worth going back to.

Well, tell the kids there won't be any gifts again this year.
You are correct about the company not being worth coming back to.

Well put. The last thing we needed was some hot-head in charge who tried to bully the company early on. The union would have lost all credibility with the NMB and the company. There is a time and a place for everything, and that time is drawing near. Although it would have been great to have a contract 2 years ago, those who did any reading or research expected it would be about a 4 year process from the start. What we want is a good working relationship with management and fair compensation for our services. I expect we'll have it by the end of the year.

11 more days to go, better pick up the pace.
Abandoning the hostages has not worked well for the IBT 1108 at Flight Options.

Keep it safe.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

11 more days to go, better pick up the pace.
Abandoning the hostages has not worked well for the IBT 1108 at Flight Options.

Keep it safe.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everyone.

You've got me there, it won't be done by the end of the year. Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do about it.

... and last I checked all the people who were dismissed without just cause (RIF'd/No Canpass) all got offered their jobs back. Yes, there are several who were dismissed with cause, but there is only so much the union can do to protect them. I guess you found that out the hard way. It's just too bad that you feel the need to come in here and badmouth the union. It's been over a year hasn't it?... move on with your life.

You've got me there, it won't be done by the end of the year. Unfortunately there's not a lot we can do about it.

... and last I checked all the people who were dismissed without just cause (RIF'd/No Canpass) all got offered their jobs back. Yes, there are several who were dismissed with cause, but there is only so much the union can do to protect them. I guess you found that out the hard way. It's just too bad that you feel the need to come in here and badmouth the union. It's been over a year hasn't it?... move on with your life.

I know one hostage that got his own job back and the Union tried to put him on the "we got his job back for him" list. He shut that down by saying no to being your false poster child.

I know one hostage that got his own job back and the Union tried to put him on the "we got his job back for him" list. He shut that down by saying no to being your false poster child.

I've never heard of any such list, but Whoop-de-do, not every former hostage is current on their dues either! Some people will always make excuses. If it's so easy to negotiate your own job back, then why don't you show us all how it's done?

Go on and tell us you don't want it back. Tell us you don't care... If that was true, you wouldn't be here on FI bitching.

Last edited:
FedMagnet, you walked a fine line, and then crossed it. You were the "tip of the spear" and that is what got you fired. Nobody abandoned you, you got "yourself fired" by crossing that fine line.

Way to go guys.

The guy does what you ask him to and then you throw him under the bus.

Here comes the music........ Oh I love the weasel song....

Way to go guys.

The guy does what you ask him to and then you throw him under the bus.

Here comes the music........ Oh I love the weasel song....

No, he went way beyond what was asked of him, and that is where he got himself in trouble. It isn't a personal thing against Fedmagnet, but when he can't recognize that he crossed the line and takes up union bashing as a hobby, then we'll have something to say.

If you are talking about Dwayne Soles crossing the line. Read the report letter that he wrote.
Dwayne was targeted for being identified by the consultant (Dubinski) to the company as being the Industrial Relations for the 1108. Dubinski knew that this position was to remain anonymous for the protection of the person that accepted that position.

Read the report letter and you will see that Dwayne pre-flighted and wrote up the aircraft that proved the serious pencil whipping that occurred the night before at the Flight Options Maintenance base in KTEB. The SIC chose to sleep instead of taking on the SIC duties of pre flight upon arrival at the FBO. Dubinski has spread the rumor that Dwayne through the SIC under the bus yet the SIC never received any disciplinary actions for not performing his job. Dwayne did his job and was fired for a flight that was missed due to the obvious list of discrepancies not being cleared by maintenance.

Read the letter and stop listening to the 1108 consultant that has sold out to Flops management for personal gain.

Don't bother, the 1108 funds are almost gone and it will be all over.

Brother Dwayne Soles

I’m not choosing sides or trying to stir the pot. There were mistakes made by everyone and nothing is black and white.

I know Dwayne and he’s a good man. He fought the battle hard and thought he was doing it the way that 1108 wanted. Hell, he’s the father of my avatar.

There’s no question that he lost his job at FLOPS because of the position he held in the union. Whether he was betrayed or thrown under the bus, only the players involved know for sure.

I think it’s time for everyone involved to recognize that Dwayne was a soldier for the cause, and a good one at that.

Latest resources

Back