1108 Union Leadership Abandons Hostages

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hate to see a good thread die.

The sad truth is that Flops pilots had to pursue a contract to protect themselves from Flops Management. The history at Flops has proven that they can not be trusted to do the right thing.

It is even more sad that the Flops Union Leadership has sold out the pilots for personal gain.

Do not expect a palatable contract anytime soon.

Go ahead, explain the hostages being abandoned.
"the hostages could not be helped"
"they crossed the line"
"he threw his SIC under the bus"

993, show us some credibility. Is it easier to shoot the messenger?
Tell me again, how soon the contract is coming??

This thread has proven Matt has lost all credibility.

Go ahead, explain the hostages being abandoned...

The hostages weren't abandoned, YOU were. You became a liability that the union couldn't afford, because you wouldn't listen to reason, and continually stepped over the line... even if you were well intentioned. Regardless of what your termination letter says, the day you were fired was just the final straw, not the entire reason, and you know it. You can paint yourself as the sacrificial lamb all that you want, but all that you are doing now is hurting the cause, and that is why you have lost all respect and credibility. While you may not agree with everything he has done, Mat is a very sharp and level headed guy. We would be very hard pressed to find a better person to lead us through this negotiation. He has my support, and the support of the union members, so if you can't respect that, then kindly keep your mouth shut. We get it, you're not happy with how your case was handled, but every divisive word is a plus for the side of management. It doesn't concern you any more, let it go.

Edit: btw, we are about on schedule for a first contract. I predict before the new year it will be done, or there won't be a company worth going back to.

Last edited:
well I am not Dwayne and I left willingly. But what Fed Magnet says is true..Mat is spineless and theres many pilots out there that want him gone.. I predict if there ever is a contract. And I hope you guys get one..And a Damn good one..(It will help all of us)..Mat will be quickly voted out..Or he will see his fate and resign..He has hurt your cause with his lack of balls..My own personal observation. from talking to fellow flops pilots on the road and old friends that still are stuck there..

Kinda easy from the cheap seats to bust on Matt. We know your not Dwayne, he ran a fine line and got caught (unfortunate but it happened). But did you try to run against Matt, I didnt think so. Did anybody, No, I didn't think so. If Matt lacks "balls" he sure makes up with brains. Matt dosent need to be a bulldog, he has other options for that.

Kinda easy from the cheap seats to bust on Matt... Matt dosent need to be a bulldog, he has other options for that.

Well put. The last thing we needed was some hot-head in charge who tried to bully the company early on. The union would have lost all credibility with the NMB and the company. There is a time and a place for everything, and that time is drawing near. Although it would have been great to have a contract 2 years ago, those who did any reading or research expected it would be about a 4 year process from the start. What we want is a good working relationship with management and fair compensation for our services. I expect we'll have it by the end of the year.

Poor lil ol TINK TINK

Shane,
I left willingly you stated...I hope you left for a great job. You say Matt has no balls for the job, well sir NO ONE ran for the position when they could have. Shows a lack of balls of ALL the FLOPS pilots who bitch about Matt, they sure as hell didn’t grow a pair and run for his office.... he is the right man for the job. I don’t agree with every decision he makes and when I think I have a better Idea I call....I have that right I am a MIG..... A lot of pilots could have left but didn’t. They stayed to fight for a company they believe in. You left for what ever reason, guess YOU don’t have the BALLS to stay and Fight we all make our choices and you made yours. But please don’t hammer Matt from the side lines when you jumped out of the foxhole to go find your balls.

Watch out for all the FUD coming up guys......some of the of the freeloaders have no where to post but here.
Fly safe Shane

I'll leave the discussion of balls to those who have them...or should...;) but I would like to add (from personal observation) that it takes a ton of commitment and lots and lots of time to serve as a Union leader. Those who volunteer often end up with very little time to call their own.

I agree that Matt deserves thanks and recognition for stepping up. I know that leaders also appreciate patience and support while they're in the middle of a big project. When Union leadership is at the bargaining table it's critical that the pilotgroup speaks with one voice. The time for the debate is after the TA is presented for a vote. I know how stressful it can get while you're waiting, but just keep the faith. You're almost there! Best Wishes Always, NJW

goose..I did leave for a great job and a great company and great union leadership..3 things Flops is lacking

thanks for your concern

u fly safe also

Latest resources

Back