• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

11 more MD90s for Delta from Eva Air

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is okay news. But I won't be truly impressed until we order a few dozen brand new "super-premium" widebodies: 777's or A330's (or God forbid we go cutting edge with the A350.)

Tired of seeing all the widebody orders going to our "partners" while we fly 25-year-old 767's to Europe.

Well, at least we can feed Virgin now. And this seems to be our long-term strategy.

Hey Ack,

When we need someone with no knowledge of what he's talking about, we'll give you or Wave a call.

The MD90 has the same engine as the A320....but you knew that right Ack? Fan engines.....less gas.....but AGAIN, you knew that right Ack?

I don't go all nuts over a bunch of old planes coming on property like GL does, but any mainline jets are better than Barbie jets. Now get some widebodies, and you have my attention.

Go nuts about used planes Lumberg? I think any "new" plane is better than nothing, but try to notice I placed emphasis on hopefully getting more A330s to pull up more pilots into higher paying positions. I simply stated the supposed number of planes coming over the next couple years to give people interested in applying an idea of what may be happening. I'm still waiting for a 73NA spot in ATL, which may take a bit more time.

Bye Bye---General Lee

This is okay news. But I won't be truly impressed until we order a few dozen brand new "super-premium" widebodies: 777's or A330's (or God forbid we go cutting edge with the A350.)

Tired of seeing all the widebody orders going to our "partners" while we fly 25-year-old 767's to Europe.

Well, at least we can feed Virgin now. And this seems to be our long-term strategy.

Don't get so whipped up about VA. The main reason DL invested in them was to offer better choices for NYC customers for the coveted NYC to LHR route. There was NO way DL could compete with the AA/BA monopoly on those routes with the 3-4 daily flights, and now with VA there will be 9-10 "choices" instead of 3-4 DL mainline flights only. This gives DL corporate customers more choice DL never could have attained due to those very high cost, coveted slots. Very few connections in LHR except some newly allotted "Virgin Red"(A320s now flown in a wet lease by Air Lingus crews for VA) flights from Heathrow to Manchester, Aberdeen, and Edinburgh. DL used to fly to MAN and EDI from JFK, but those seemingly only did well in the Summer, and even VA doesn't fly nonstop from those cities to JFK, using A320s for "feed" to LHR thanks to the slots awarded due to the BA/BMI merger. So, those feed flights may add a few passengers to some of their flights, but VA already fills up most of their flights out of LHR with O&D passengers, that I doubt many DL passengers will connect in LHR, the main deal again was to just allow DL NYC passengers the multiple flight options that DL could not get, going up against the large number of AA/BA flights.

There is no doubt any JV needs to be monitored, and this one hopefully will help the DL pilots, but the one I think that needs to be monitored even more is the AF/KL/AZ JV. That one needs to get into compliance ASAP, which really doesn't need to be in compliance until a year from next May. Any VA JV negotiations should take that into account.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
And yet they've hired a grand total of 300 in the last FIVE YEARS! while the list has shrunk by over 1,500. Lmfao, lance coconut lee.

And yet they've hired a grand total of 300 in the last FIVE YEARS! while the list has shrunk by over 1,500. Lmfao, lance coconut lee.

Wow Jonny, you can count. Now DL is getting 88 717s, all growth. The departing DC9s are being replaced by incoming MD90s (14 this year, now 11 more over the next 3 years from Eva Air). The list shrunk due to a capacity pull down by all Majors over the last 3 years, and lack of substantial hiring from the big 3, but you knew that.... And are you sure 1500 people left DL? Really? Ummmmm, no. Maybe a few hundred have left, with 150 taking the last early out retirement offer. Put your pipe down, Jonny.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
Wow Jonny, you can count. Now DL is getting 88 717s, all growth. The departing DC9s are being replaced by incoming MD90s (14 this year, now 11 more over the next 3 years from Eva Air). The list shrunk due to a capacity pull down by all Majors over the last 3 years, and lack of substantial hiring from the big 3, but you knew that.... And are you sure 1500 people left DL? Really? Ummmmm, no. Maybe a few hundred have left, with 150 taking the last early out retirement offer. Put your pipe down, Jonny.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I think, regardless of reason, the fact remains that all that massive hiring by the majors of which you have been speaking now for a while keeps not happening.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Uh huh....all these planes and zero hiring. Puff, puff, give....

GL was not lying about the talk of hiring...

What guys like GL on our property are realizing is the turd we agreed to gave up lots of productivity improvements and the company realized now that it is fully implemented how many pilots they actually need....

Less...

I voted no.....don't blame me!!

Latest resources

Back