• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

General Lee

EVA Air Fleet Revamp Boon
For Delta?s MD-90 Operations

Taiwan?s EVA Air is planning to reduce its freighter fleet and phase out its MD-90 passenger aircraft. President Austin Cheng says all 11 of the MD-90s are being sold to Delta Air Lines, with five scheduled to be transferred next year, three more in 2015 and the last three in 2016. Delta repeatedly has espoused the benefits of operating MD-90s and earlier this month said it intended to expand the fleet.

So, if this is true, next year there would be 5 MD90s coming plus 36 717s, then 3 additional MD90s the next year, along with the final 36 717s (88 total). I believe 2 739ERs will also come per month, replacing outgoing 757/767s and older A320s. (11 757s supposedly will go between this month and next June) Hopefully some sort of widebodies (like rumored A330s) will also be added to help with upward movement.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Last edited:
I guess they needed that oil refinery after all.

I guess they needed that oil refinery after all.

Hey Ack,

When we need someone with no knowledge of what he's talking about, we'll give you or Wave a call.

The MD90 has the same engine as the A320....but you knew that right Ack? Fan engines.....less gas.....but AGAIN, you knew that right Ack?

I don't go all nuts over a bunch of old planes coming on property like GL does, but any mainline jets are better than Barbie jets. Now get some widebodies, and you have my attention.

EVA Air Fleet Revamp Boon
For Delta?s MD-90 Operations

Taiwan?s EVA Air is planning to reduce its freighter fleet and phase out its MD-90 passenger aircraft. President Austin Cheng says all 11 of the MD-90s are being sold to Delta Air Lines, with five scheduled to be transferred next year, three more in 2015 and the last three in 2016. Delta repeatedly has espoused the benefits of operating MD-90s and earlier this month said it intended to expand the fleet.

So, if this is true, next year there would be 5 MD90s coming plus 36 717s, then 3 additional MD90s the next year, along with the final 36 717s (88 total). I believe 2 739ERs will also come per month, replacing outgoing 757/767s and older A320s. (11 757s supposedly will go between this month and next June) Hopefully some sort of widebodies (like rumored A330s) will also be added to help with upward movement.....

Bye Bye---General Lee

Great news

Hey Ack,

When we need someone with no knowledge of what he's talking about, we'll give you or Wave a call.

The MD90 has the same engine as the A320....but you knew that right Ack? Fan engines.....less gas.....but AGAIN, you knew that right Ack?

I don't go all nuts over a bunch of old planes coming on property like GL does, but any mainline jets are better than Barbie jets. Now get some widebodies, and you have my attention.

But those Gulf Airlines American pilots would love to get a shot and been hired at Delta

When are they going to start hiring pilots?

No need. We got too many $ho's greenslipping all the time. If everyone just flew their line we'd cancel flights for lack of crews. Its been said before but we are our own worst enemy.

Latest resources

Back