• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1000 PIC Jet/Turbine Watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
guys, I dont want to burst your bubble, but...

when you get your 1000th hour of turbine PIC, there will be no fire trucks shooting water cannons over your plane as you taxi in. the reality is that you just joined the club with about 10000 other pilots. there are people out there with 3000 and 4000 hours of turbine pic still waiting for FEDEX to call.

hopefully you all have the right hook ups with these companies.

5000-6000 PIC turbine 9500 TT and apps updated constantly at Fedex and UPS with no calls. Keep your contacts there, if that's where you want to go, or anywhere close if you want to move. It's still who you know, not what you know (or how many hours you have)!

Hi!

My buddy told me I forgot to add the part about Fedex sending one of their corporate jets up to pick me up and take me to HQ where they will offer me my choice of jobs after I get my 1000.

Off to MX City tonight.

C U!
cliff
YIP

guys, I dont want to burst your bubble, but...

when you get your 1000th hour of turbine PIC, there will be no fire trucks shooting water cannons over your plane as you taxi in.

This career field is getting worse every day. Only 997.6 to go before I get to be disappointed.

Congrats Cliff!

Lots of job out there, driven by a growing world wide pilot shortage all leading to the hiring boom of 2007, to peak in 2008. With Cliff's senority and expected turnover he will be bidding DC-9 or MD-80 Captain next year. Cliff why Gulfsteam?

pic turbine

Hey atp cliff,

thanks for your good humor, I cracked up at your posts. I know how feel. I am at about the same number pic turbine you are and it has taken me four airlines, one furlough, one merger and regretfully one divorce to get there. I guess I am on my way to becoming a real pilot now.

tom tom

Hi!

Update:

MX City was relatively easy tonight. Great weather and not much traffic. I'm glad we had 2 pilots when they changed runways just when we started the (now wrong) arrival.

Why Gulfstream? Because they fly, basically, the best equipment there is, and the last I heard the starting, probationary pay for FOs was about $80K.

cliff
LRD

Lots of job out there, driven by a growing world wide pilot shortage all leading to the hiring boom of 2007, to peak in 2008.
Actually, I look for it to peak end of 09, beginning 2010. 9/11 threw the curve off by 2 years.

With Cliff's senority and expected turnover he will be bidding DC-9 or MD-80 Captain next year.
LOL - I don't think it'll get that great ANYWHERE... except SkyBus, maybe, if you're into $65k for a Bus CA.

But thanks for the overly-optimistic laugh, as usual. ;)

lear I agree it may peak in 2010, but those are not secure jobs, like the great job out there in years ending in 7 and 8. People hired in years ending in 0 are normally furloughed in years ending 1 or 2.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back