• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1000 PIC Jet/Turbine Watch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
5000-6000 PIC turbine 9500 TT and apps updated constantly at Fedex and UPS with no calls. Keep your contacts there, if that's where you want to go, or anywhere close if you want to move. It's still who you know, not what you know (or how many hours you have)!

Ain't that the truth!!!!:mad:

Cliff got his present job by posting on this site.

lear I agree it may peak in 2010, but those are not secure jobs, like the great job out there in years ending in 7 and 8. People hired in years ending in 0 are normally furloughed in years ending 1 or 2.
Oh I didn't say anything about furlough-proof, you're probably spot-on about that.

I just think the biggest years of hiring are still a couple years away when everyone except for AA has recalled everyone, has had 2 or 3 years of record profits, and starts the big expansion drive.

Again.

For the 3rd time since deregulation.

Then files bankruptcy.

Again.

For the 3rd time since deregulation.

*sigh*

OK, I'm depressed. Where's the scotch?

*whistling at Rook* ;)

Hi!

Skypine69, JWS17, ERJPusher:

For those of us in aviation with families, we've taken the vows and made the commitment to our spouses, children, etc. So, sometimes we need to sacrifice for the good of our families, by commuting, flying for lower pay to make it to the big leagues, or whatever.

When my CEO (the wife) found out what the pay was like at Fedex, she told me, "Whatever it takes to get the job".

Maybe I was taking her a little too literally!!!

Hahahahaha....I crack myself up!

I hope U guys enjoyed that one!!!

cliff
LRD

Hi!

LRD-MFE-LIT-FNT-YIP

Now at 974.2.

Went 3 hours over guarantee for Feb, at $90/hr.=$270 extra for the month, with maybe another trip today, then off Feb 24-27.

On until Mar 16, with Mar 17-31 in ZLO for 2 weeks of vacation sun. Hopefully I'll be over 1000 PIC Jet by the 17th, and scheduled for a DC-9 class when I get back.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

WTF, OVER!!!

No Fire Trucks, with BIG Water Cannons, and Chicks dumping champagne on me????

My buddies assured me it would happen, and UPS/Fedex would call the same day with choices of classdates/planes and bases! I can't believe they lied to me like that!

I am actually pretty excited. It took me 31 years from my first flight lesson to get my 1000 PIC Jet. At my airline, they will finally let me go to the "big" plane, where I get 2+ more days off/month, which will make my wife very happy. I will also feel OK about leaving for a better job, because I have at least some job insurance. I do some guys at Fedex who may be able to help me. We'll see what happens. The good part is, I like the job I'm doing now. Of my 3 flying jobs, it's been the best one by far.

CU!

cliff
YIP

31 years from your first flight lesson to 1000 PIC Jet? What did you do in between?

Probably this thing called LIFE, it usually gets you at some point. Some of the best layed plans never mateirlize due to life getting in the way.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back