• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

1000 PIC in the DHC6 = Southwest FO

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree with option B... 1000 tpic is 1000 more hours in that column... which may mean the difference between getting a call at 1000 hours of RJ captain time vs 2000 hours as an RJ captain... I'd stay there long enough to get the 1000 hours turbine PIC square filled before moving on.

Anytime you leave a job before shortly before you would have upgraded or shortly after upgrading, that raises the burning question, "why?" The suspicion is that the real answer is, "because the employer wasn't willing to upgrade him" and recommended finding work elsewhere, or didn't like what he saw in the new captain, and suggested moving on in lieu of being fired / downgraded. Rather than leave that burning question out there, if you stay long enough to get the 1000 hours, there's no doubt that your employer was happy with your work in the left seat.

A hundred hours each month is good time, and a few months is a very quick upgrade... I'd be very, very cautious about running from that job to a regional too soon. Just my two cents.

Best of luck!

What if your final goal is not an airline but rather a fractional or corporate position? I know 1000 PIC holds weight there but what if you can get the fractional job without the 1000 PIC and still upgrade to the left seat in the same amount of time?

Swa Pic Time

My wife was at Scenic and other airlines in the Vegas area for 9 years and had about 4500 hours PIC time there, she is now flying for SWA as od 01/03/2004, she had no problem at her interview.

Latest resources

Back