100-125 (+100 options) B787's for AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Oops

Keep in mind the 'Paris' airshow is not until 2009. It rotates every other year with Farnbouroghoh-oh. So, yes, I 100% agree that AA will be placing an order for the 787, 8 months after it enters service and the fuel burn turn out 50% less than a 767 and oil goes to $100 per barrel. Of course then it will be 7 months too late.

My mama could have 50 787's tomorrow if she had the cash.

You boys need to get in touch with the real world and how it operates. I have got two things for you to google:

1. Udvar Hazy
2. ILFC

If AA wants a fleet of 75-787's they can have them before CAL gets there's. All it takes is cash. Of which AA has plenty of, $5.7 billion on hand as of last quarter (announced yesterday)

This where Hazy makes his money. I just wish I had his balls. Place options on aircraft that you know will sell and then lease them to airlines who need them now. For a premium............

The man is a genius, so much so the Smithsonian has a wing named after him. At last check he had 78-787's on order and just forced the French to redesign the A350.

He is so smart that he has already calculated what the cost savings of operating the 787 is and how much his premium should be so that who ever he leases the 787's can make a little money over the term of the lease while he makes big $$$$ leasing out the aircraft.

Look him up on Forbes richest list. He's a billionaire and I had the opportunity of meeting him in a G5 recurrent, last spring. He owns one and he flies it.

Scrapdog,
I don't think GL wrote that article.

No, you're right. My point was no matter the topic or on which airline, the GL will post DAL garbage on a thread that has nothing to do with DAL in the first place. He did this here on an AA thread about 78's and he does it continuously on SWA threads. It's that broken record that has absolutely haenious music and no one can change it.

Latest resources

Back