• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

100-125 (+100 options) B787's for AA?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Boy, I'm glad the General piped in with the article about Delta's big order.

I was afraid there might be a topic on this board that might not include Delta.

Thanks. :rolleyes: TC

Boeing builds these jets all over the planet and does the final assembly in Seattle. The scarcity of 787's to meet demand is likely to be one of the down stream suppliers.

Read this article. It looks like making a big order could get you some slots sooner......?

Delta likely to order 787s this year, says CEO

By Dominic Gates
Seattle Times aerospace reporter

Delta Air Lines will likely be the first of the big three U.S. legacy airlines to order Boeing's 787, chief executive Gerald Grinstein said Friday in Seattle.
The 74-year-old Grinstein, set to leave Delta this summer after guiding it through Chapter 11, said his successor will make any order decision — but he'd be surprised if the carrier doesn't buy its first Dreamliners by the end of the year.
In the last year Delta added more than 60 new international routes, which typically require long-range widebody jets.
Delta flies more than 100 mid-size 767 jets. Grinstein, in town for the Microsoft CEO summit, said in a brief interview that those planes need to be replaced starting as early as 2011.
"Of course, you could wait for the (Airbus) A350," he said, "But why?"
The new Boeing jet is "perfect" for the needs of the U.S. carriers, with the right size and the necessary range, he said. The bigger A350 rival that Airbus is proposing could be too big for many of the routes Delta wants to fly, Grinstein said.
"Boeing has got it right," he said..
Grinstein said he is not worried about the availability of delivery slots for the 787, because Boeing can always "miraculously" find slots when it needs them for a big order. The company does that either through keeping some delivery slots available for significant customers or by arranging for other airlines to defer their orders until later.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yawn. General you're so out of touch it's scary. Yeah, I'm sure DAL will have no problems with those "miraculous" slots. Nothing to bring down a thread than GL's kool-aid drinking DAL mantra. Which is of course the same mantra he's been using for every post since I've been on here.

Don't bet any money on it. Like so many of these idiot bloggers, this guy is probably floating a story with no basis in anything, yet somehow plausible. Do it often enough and something might come true.

Last edited:
I don't see AA placing any significant aircraft orders for at least another year or two. They have more pressing issues to handle right now such as GIVING US OUR F-----G MONEY BACK!

:angryfire

I don't see AA placing any significant aircraft orders for at least another year or two. They have more pressing issues to handle right now such as GIVING US OUR F-----G MONEY BACK!

:angryfire
good!!!!!!!! I hope you get it back. On the other note, swa will be the launch customer for the narrow body version of the 787. You heard it here first.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back