• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

10 ex freedom 900's go to asa not mesaba

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Scope will lose its strong arm just as Unions are in todays workforce. Watch closely, you WILL see 100 seat airplanes in the regionals someday. Guaranteed.
Midwest already has them, so does Alaska.

Go develop your own brand and you can fly whatever you want.

As long as you fly for United and Delta, they can flip the switch on SkyWest and turn it off like a 40 watt incandescent light bulb.

Remember these guys?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Independence_Air

Last edited:
So far those 757's are on a temporary vacation in VCV and will be back for the summer loads. Delta would rather pull down capacity and keep ticket prices profitable than chase too few customers with too many seats.

If bookings go forward as planned, no furlough. If bookings do not rebound after the winter lull, then possibly we'd see cuts.

The 767 is supposed to be overstaffed, but most all the reserves have been used right up to the max in December and a good many are hitting the greenslip trigger (double pay).

From a business aspect, they are doing a most excellent job of controlling capacity(ASM's) by parking aircraft. Available flights are carrying good load factors for a down economy and also for this time of year. With the merge, even if demand drops and/or the downturn is long term, they are well positioned to be a survivor.

The Merge created a better advantage than any other airline as they can still cut capacity much more if needed, without losing available traffic(RSM's) and keep load factors high. Although Pre-Merge, there was little head to head competition on non stop flights, there was a lot of competition in origination/destination traffic that simply connected in different hubs.(Mem vs Atl--prime example)

Should demand weaken, they can cut/meter capacity and continue to keep load factors high on remaining flights, while maintaining market presence. Available customers would simply have a little less frequency and may be channeled through a different connecting hub, maximizing revenue and reducing costs. This will effectively result in matching capacity to any changing demand, which should protect and shore up pricing and ultimately safeguard yields. This lessens the degree of need for discounting and fire sales to fill seats at a loss, as was done in the past. KUDO's to better practices in Revenue Accounting and Marketing!

This would also explain the rumors of more DC-9's. These aircraft are not being used to accomodate growth. They will be temporary replacement airplanes--not for RJ's, but for less 757's. They are simply guaging aircraft to demand--right sizing.

Last edited:
I can and do. Saddly thats not all you don't know much about.;)

OUCH! That was a 3 point play by Auburn! or maybe better said, a knock down with a count!

And the Referee said, "Gentlemen, to your corners, (OH)please!"

Last edited:
Wasn't this a thread about 900's coming to ASA? How the heck did this become a debate on what planes Delta is parking and why?

Wasn't this a thread about 900's coming to ASA? How the heck did this become a debate on what planes Delta is parking and why?

From ASA FAQ memo:

Q5: Where are the CRJ900s coming from?

Eight of the 10 aircraft are new deliveries and will come directly from Bombardier, the
manufacturer, in Mirabel, Quebec. The other two will have been in service for a few months at​
another Delta Connection carrier prior to ASA taking delivery of them.

Q11: Where will the CRJ900s fly?​
The CRJ900s will be based out of Atlanta, but Delta does not have a final schedule published for
April at this time. However, with the long-range capability of the CRJ900, we expect it to be used
in high-density, long-haul markets.​

Q15: Will we add additional CRJ700 aircraft to the fleet?​
Yes. We will be replacing our CRJ700 that was damaged in BTR last fall. This will bring our total
CRJ700 fleet back to 39 aircraft.​

I know enough, especially about what your peers think of you(not much if you're wondering). I'll pm you your name to prove it, I don't want to disclose your identity on here(not even your initials either)! Just want you to knock off the BS. You keep dishing it out, your gonna keep getting it back.

TOUCHDOWN!!! I like football references better.

EDIT: Did ya get my PM? It's a waitin!!!:D You've just been de-cleated (another football reference). Please pick up your jockstrap as you crawl off the field.
yep. I got it. Here ya' go. I'll post it for ya'. I couldn't care less who knows who I am on here. Unlike most on FI I stand squarely behind my posts (even though most are just poking fun at uptight ididots like yourself). If you don't like it, come tell me about it in person, otherwise STFU.
post_old.gif
Today, 20:26 MJ42 vbmenu_register("postmenu_", true);

Civ/Mil: both
A/C Flown: a lot
Ratings: ATP
Total Time: 8000

Hey ASA lifer!
Alan Gregory, did I spell it right? Mad at the world, huh who was it that turned you down? Fed Ex or UPS? Now knock your crap off, I'm sick of your mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNOQOh4YKqU&NR=1

Now....back to the real issue at hand....

I bet MJ42 won't reveal his identity....

OhPlease....why don't you tell numnuts here where you have been hired....

Hint...it pays a heck of a lot better than Delta......

MJ...have you got my name too? If not, let me know.....

Latest resources

Back