10/250

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
if there are short falls the owners can pay more to cover them

or leave the NJA program, which just makes the problems worse.

They don't seem to be having that problem right now. If you can't afford NJ anymore perhaps it is time call Delta. Or maybe use your influence to force Jordan to run a leaner management team. Pilots are a very very small part of the expense within the overall picture. And I'd argue they have the most direct influence over your experience/safety. Pay them what they are worth.

Does 10/250 really work? I don?t want to destroy anyone?s dream?s, but has anyone run the numbers? Pilots? salaries are supposed to come out of the Monthly Management Fees (MMF), which also includes costs of maintenance, hangaring, reserves for refurbishing and repainting, operations, owner services, etc. I think the proper line item to look at in making your assumptions is the total MMF (not to be confused with other income or profits NJA may make from accounting treatment and other items ? and these items fluctuate from years to year ? if you want a share of the profits will you shares the losses??). The MMF for a 1/16th in an Excel is approximately $9500. That equates to a total annual MMF of $1,824,000 per Excel ($9500 x 16 x 12). I believe I have read on this board that staffing is 5 pilots per jet ? if so salaries alone before any benefits would be $1,250,000. Using a ?rule of thumb? of a 50% charge for employer taxes and benefits would bring just the pilot?s costs to $1,875,000 per jet or more than the total MMF. I wish you good luck but the numbers don?t seem to work.

Yes. We have. The company can afford 10/$250 NOW without any impact to most of the owners, except Mr. Buffett. He is just going to have to get his money a little slower.

Keep in mind the company is making money on operations only at this time. A lot of money. To add on top of that, they are selling airplanes now. A lot of planes.

There is no reason an owner needs to even know their pilots are finally being paid a good wage, except that the service and mood of the crews is going to be more superb.

Does 10/250 really work? I don?t want to destroy anyone?s dream?s, but has anyone run the numbers? Pilots? salaries are supposed to come out of the Monthly Management Fees (MMF), which also includes costs of maintenance, hangaring, reserves for refurbishing and repainting, operations, owner services, etc. I think the proper line item to look at in making your assumptions is the total MMF (not to be confused with other income or profits NJA may make from accounting treatment and other items ? and these items fluctuate from years to year ? if you want a share of the profits will you shares the losses??). The MMF for a 1/16th in an Excel is approximately $9500. That equates to a total annual MMF of $1,824,000 per Excel ($9500 x 16 x 12). I believe I have read on this board that staffing is 5 pilots per jet ? if so salaries alone before any benefits would be $1,250,000. Using a ?rule of thumb? of a 50% charge for employer taxes and benefits would bring just the pilot?s costs to $1,875,000 per jet or more than the total MMF. I wish you good luck but the numbers don?t seem to work.

NJAOwner,

A good point but its 10 year Captain, $250k; not every pilot. Seems this isn't really that far off from typical pay for this position. Reference NBAA salary surveys.

All I want to know is not to subject my family to this. Last time "negotiations" were ongoing on 2 separate flights we had a FOs explain to my wife and kids for 10-15 minutes (when they were not in the cockpit) how little they get paid and what they do on their days off. Hopefully everyone will be a little more professional this time around.

Just remember this is not 2006 and the NJ of 2013 (and the industry) is not the NJ of 2006.

You may have broken a few hearts and egos with you and your family?s lack of concern regarding crew member compensation levels and what they do on their days off. :)

The senior guys know better, the idiots don?t get it...the less time talking to owners/passengers the better...can't make a mistake when you're listening, only when you are talking.

Last edited:
if there are short falls the owners can pay more to cover them

or leave the NJA program, which just makes the problems worse.

If Nutjets gets too pricey, we'd love to have you over here at the "value" fractional. Don't be concerned about the geriatric equipment or the clinically depressed crew, we'll probably get you to your destination more or less on time.

Fresh Air -- funny you say that -- the last 2 planes I was on at NJA were manufactured in 1998 (and 1 arrived 7 hours late), and the last 2 at the "value" place were on time 2013 aircraft.

Gret -- I do not mean to break any hearts. We do have concern for the pilots and actually did speak to management in the past. But to spend 10-15 minutes during the flight speaking to a 7 year old girl and my wife (and not me) instead of being in the cockpit is in my opinion very unprofessional. Look at my posts in the past and I have advocated raises along with what I thought was a very effective and professional way to reach owners. The fact is most owners have no idea what the pilots are paid, but there are better ways to educate them. Educating owners and letting them send direction to the company is a better tactic than "the company has a whole big pile of money and I deserve some".

Fresh Air -- funny you say that -- the last 2 planes I was on at NJA were manufactured in 1998 (and 1 arrived 7 hours late), and the last 2 at the "value" place were on time 2013 aircraft.

Gret -- I do not mean to break any hearts. We do have concern for the pilots and actually did speak to management in the past. But to spend 10-15 minutes during the flight speaking to a 7 year old girl and my wife (and not me) instead of being in the cockpit is in my opinion very unprofessional. Look at my posts in the past and I have advocated raises along with what I thought was a very effective and professional way to reach owners. The fact is most owners have no idea what the pilots are paid, but there are better ways to educate them. Educating owners and letting them send direction to the company is a better tactic than "the company has a whole big pile of money and I deserve some".

Touche'. We do have some Phenom's that aren't old. And I really am glad that we were on time for you and your family.

this person understands business....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back