• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

~1 year upgrade at Republic

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I am all for an upgrade at a regional not being a drawn out process, but less than a year....that is just scary

is it just as scary when you have a steet captain on a crj-900 at mesaba? or a 2 year upgrade at continental? if you're qualified and pass the checkride...who gives a crap? (don't say the pax, cause as long as they get from pt A-B for the least amount of $, they don't care)

is it just as scary when you have a steet captain on a crj-900 at mesaba? or a 2 year upgrade at continental? if you're qualified and pass the checkride...who gives a crap? (don't say the pax, cause as long as they get from pt A-B for the least amount of $, they don't care)

I've flown with plenty of people who passed the checkride that don't have any real world experience. We've got people who've passed the checkride that barely have any IMC time. (Not a type ride) So I guess I'm saying that I give a crap. I think if the pax knew the experience level of some of the crews that are buzzing around the skies right now they would never board the plane. (Hell, I don't even want to go sometimes with some of the people that have come on line recently and they've passed checkrides.)

I agree. It's not like Republishuttleaqua has ever had an incident/accident due to low time crews;)

my observation:

almost all the FO's I've flown with (DCA and PHL based majority) are from another 121 carrier. Mesa is by far where most of the guys I've flown with are from. Followed by PDT and Colgan with a smattering of Mesaba and Pinnicle here and there. On average it seems these guys are getting just over a year with these other carriers then jumping ship to Rep or Skywest.

The effective date is May. People will be going to class over the next few months inorder to meet that timeline. To those that feel our FO's are not qualified for the left seat, what would you consider a qualified fo to be?

I saw a former Freedom A-lister on the award - DCA 170. It was on FLICA, but I didn't look for his name on the memo that came out. Anyone see D.O. on the award??

To those that feel our FO's are not qualified for the left seat, what would you consider a qualified fo to be?

Hmmmm, maybe 3000TT and 1500 in type. I would be comfortable as a pax in that plane.

If you go to low and match that up with a 500hr wonder in the right seat is were the problems tend to happen.

Latest resources

Back