• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

06/23/09...Commuting just got impossible

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What do you mean 9e doesn't get any nonrev travel? Does that mean Skywest and ASA do not as well?

He means the Comair pilots' incessant b!tching over their still very legit travel bennies looks very petty compared to the way Pinnacle just took it up the pooper with their "benefits."

Do a little research and you'll be quite surprised.

Even better, I was denied a DAL jumpseat yesterday in favor of an AA pilot. I asked the gate agent to check, as I (CMR pilot) should've had priority.
She was polite, but clueless and really didn't care. Got the last seat using my last S2.

Report that back through your jumpseat committee. You have priority over AA and the gate agent should have processed you as such. Help yourself and everyone else by helping to get the agent 'schooled' in the priority and procedures. We have to protect our jumpseat and while you may have burned the S2 to get on, you shouldn't have had to waste it due to some uneducated and/or uncaring gate agent not doing his/her job.

HAHA. You can thank j.c. for that ... and the fact that no comair guys are at the mother D. Most of my buds from ASA are there. I was hired but had to turn it down to do some top secret stuff ...
Your facts are wrong, I know about 6 Comair guys who have gone to Delta.

Report that back through your jumpseat committee. You have priority over AA and the gate agent should have processed you as such. Help yourself and everyone else by helping to get the agent 'schooled' in the priority and procedures. We have to protect our jumpseat and while you may have burned the S2 to get on, you shouldn't have had to waste it due to some uneducated and/or uncaring gate agent not doing his/her job.

I was on the phone with my ALPA rep before I got on the plane. And I politely "educated" the gate agent after I got my seat. I wouldn't have been so nice if I'd needed the flight to make my report time...

Mainline traveling on Mesaba On Mesaba operated flights, active mainline, Comair and Compass pass riders will board at the same priority as active Mesaba pass riders, and ahead of other Connection Carrier pass riders (including ASA, Chautauqua, Freedom, Pinnacle, Shuttle America, SkyWest).

Mainline traveling on Compass On Compass operated flights, active mainline, Comair and Mesaba pass riders will board at the same priority as active Compass pass riders, and ahead of other Connection Carrier pass riders (including ASA, Chautauqua, Freedom, Pinnacle, Shuttle America, SkyWest).

Mainline traveling on Comair flights On Comair operated flights, active mainline, Compass and Mesaba pass riders will board at the same priority as active Comair pass riders, and ahead of other Connection Carrier pass riders (including ASA, Chautauqua, Freedom, Pinnacle, Shuttle America, SkyWest).

So this means that all three Wholly Owned carriers travel on each other as S2/S3 DOH.

Last edited:
I'm not a commuter, I don't need Delta's jumpseats. Besides, I drive the -200, where we're weight restricted 99% of the time anyways.

Serving drinks/snacks in the back is not driving. Much as you probably like to tell all the chicks in high school.
I think we found crj567's love interest!

That's for the captain to decide, not some incompetent low time new hire f/o!
Looks like I have you by the b*lls...I have control of the jumpseat. At least I'm trying to do something about mainline thinking they are better than the regional pilot. Those who just roll over and take it, deserve what they get.

Looks like I have you by the b*lls...I have control of the jumpseat. At least I'm trying to do something about mainline thinking they are better than the regional pilot. Those who just roll over and take it, deserve what they get.

I'm sorry your career has ended up the way it has. I guess I would be pissed off to if I had to come to work and the highlight was hoping to have a mainline jumpseater to deny off my little CRJ jumpseat.

Everybody must remember the MANAGEMENT changed the non-rev policy at Delta, not the pilots.

I worked at ASA for 8 years and then moved on. Don't be mad at the Delta pilots for something that they have no control over.

Latest resources

Back