• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

06/23/09...Commuting just got impossible

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We have very little to complain about at XJ. In general, our benefits actually got better. They're available to more people, they're cheaper, first and biz are free if available, we don't have to travel with our buddies and we finally have online access to nonrev travel. The only negative I see is that we now board behind mainline parents. Other than that, our priority hasn't changed. We've boarded behind mainline and their retirees for a long, long time. So... I find it hard to believe that tons of people at XJ are "pissed." The folks at Pinnacle have the most to complain about and rightfully so.

as an 9 year ASA guy I have to agree with this. We exist at the whim of Delta. if they decide I'm now an S4DD then so be it. I can quit or try to get hired at Delta.

You have DD's. NICE

Even better, I was denied a DAL jumpseat yesterday in favor of an AA pilot. I asked the gate agent to check, as I (CMR pilot) should've had priority.
She was polite, but clueless and really didn't care. Got the last seat using my last S2.

HAHA. You can thank j.c. for that ... and the fact that no comair guys are at the mother D. Most of my buds from ASA are there. I was hired but had to turn it down to do some top secret stuff ...

A little convoluted but I'll give it a shot.

S1= emergency non rev. Death of family member, etc. Pain to get.
S2= limited number to use every year. Basically puts you at the front of all other non revs. At ASA we get three per and can only use them on ASA planes.
S3= standard travel for Delta employees on their planes just as it should be for your own planes.
S3C for use on mainline planes. S3CC is generally on other DCI planes.
S4 is buddy pass level.

A little clarification for Comair, Mesaba, Compass Pilots...
S1 only on Comair, Mesaba, Comapss flights - zero on Delta
S2 only on Comair, Mesaba, Comapss flights - zero on Delta
S3 only on Comair, Mesaba, Compass flights - zero on Delta - side note all Dela employees have S3 priority on Comair, Mesaba, Compass which means unlike ASA where Delta employees have S3C priority - now they can bump you off your own planes
S3C the highest priority Comair, Mesaba, Compass have on Delta flights

Oh yeah...Commuter Clause works wonders...

According to the info we got at Mesaba we CAN travel S1A on an as needed basis (whatever that means I have no idea)

HAHA. You can thank j.c. for that ... and the fact that no comair guys are at the mother D. Most of my buds from ASA are there. I was hired but had to turn it down to do some top secret stuff ...

if you're going to flame bait, you'll need to try harder.

9e and no travel

What do you mean 9e doesn't get any nonrev travel? Does that mean Skywest and ASA do not as well?

Latest resources

Back