• NC Software is having a Black Friday Sale Event thru December 4th on Logbook Pro, APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook, Cirrus Elite Binders, and more. Use coupon code BF2020 at checkout to redeem 15% off your purchase. Click here to shop now.
  • NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.

06/23/09...Commuting just got impossible

staylow

Another Hasbeen-Neverwas
Total Time
5000+
Trying to us an S3C from ATL to JFK...

OneBadLT123

Total Time
24/7
I am assuming youre talking about the Delta switch over?

A lot of people here at XJ are royally pissed right now. 20+ year employees losing crazy amount of seniority with this new Delta pass crap.

Now the new hire Delta janitor’s buddies, and parents have more travel seniority over the 20 year CA/FA/manager/CSA/Mechanic/rampy/dispatcher...etc. It’s crazy

Things were A LOT better under the old NWA/Airlink program. Not this crap.

Last edited:

NDPILOT

Total Time
Think how the 9e guys feel about it...at least you still have flight benefits.

dispatchguy

Dad is my favorite title
Total Time
NIL
I'm happy I dont commute anymore...getting my S3C downgraded to an S4 - equivalent with a damned buddy pass rider just because I was riding a DCI carrier...

The new system sucks....

i fly boxes

Total Time
If you are having a tough time getting to work, try a pinnale flight, you will bump all their employees off so that gives you more priority.

samballs

Total Time
Long live the Commuter Clause!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I agree I comute out of ORD, and can't wait to be home every night. 2 flights and go home. I have already used the clause at least twice a month this year so far, time to pick it up.

labbats

Zulu who?
Total Time
Commuter clause isn't pay protected. That's going to sting the checkbook a bit.

SLUF4

Total Time
Isn't there a limit to how many times you can use the commuter clause?

WWEfan

One List
Total Time
39 yrs
Consider moving to your domicile. Seriously.

DX Rick

Total Time

Northern Lights

Total Time
6000+
The wife and I are supposed to be going on vacation next week. I'm hoping that we can actually get there and back. Could someone please enlighten me a bit on the priority codes (S3Cs or whatever?) I don't totally get it yet.

As an airlinker I'm used to being a 5W.

Good luck to all of you commuters!

QOL_is_great:)

What the?
Total Time
>6500
Good luck

Don't miss the commute BS at all!!! Sorry to hear it guys. Hope it all works out.

Tarzan

Total Time
The wife and I are supposed to be going on vacation next week. I'm hoping that we can actually get there and back. Could someone please enlighten me a bit on the priority codes (S3Cs or whatever?) I don't totally get it yet.

As an airlinker I'm used to being a 5W.

Good luck to all of you commuters!

A little convoluted but I'll give it a shot.

S1= emergency non rev. Death of family member, etc. Pain to get.
S2= limited number to use every year. Basically puts you at the front of all other non revs. At ASA we get three per and can only use them on ASA planes.
S3= standard travel for Delta employees on their planes just as it should be for your own planes.
S3C for use on mainline planes. S3CC is generally on other DCI planes.
S4 is buddy pass level.

captainv

Total Time
Even better, I was denied a DAL jumpseat yesterday in favor of an AA pilot. I asked the gate agent to check, as I (CMR pilot) should've had priority.
She was polite, but clueless and really didn't care. Got the last seat using my last S2.

Brasilia Pup

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Total Time
enough
When Delta puts those B.S. travel "benefits" on ASA, I'm denying EVERY Delta jumpseater.