• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

04 Feb 2008 Delta New Hire Drop

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
what's the quickest way to a line at DAL? Plane/base?

NYC MD88--You will mostly be doing the Delta Shuttle from LGA, with a few trips out of JFK and maybe EWR doing some "see America" trips.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Yes. The first guys that got the ER in NYC are getting close to holding a line. But the guys and gals now will sit reserve for some time. If you do not live in NYC it will take some time to get to ATL on the ER. I guess people want a quick way out of NYC. I did.

That's unbelievable. Why on Earth would you not do it by date of birth, oldest=most senior?

I dont see the problem with the SS# way. It seems to be the most fair and random way. JMHO

NYC MD88--You will mostly be doing the Delta Shuttle from LGA, with a few trips out of JFK and maybe EWR doing some "see America" trips.

Bye Bye--General Lee
On the 88 in NYC we don't have ANY EWR trips. The trips are probably 60% Shuttle, 40% "see America".

There is a probably a 30/30/30/10% ratio of 1/2/3/4 day trips in NY.

Hope it helps

That's unbelievable. Why on Earth would you not do it by date of birth, oldest=most senior?

That wonderful concept American's call discrimination. Doing it by date of birth is not random and the younger people can claim it is age discrimination if they do it that way. Going by SS# is as random as you can get. If you are planning on interviewing at Delta maybe you could go ask the government if you could get a new SS# and request on that ends with a high number. :)

Latest resources

Back