• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Zamboni vs. the F-22

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Chinese Song diesel submarines pointed out to the USN that our precious carriers aren't as well protected as they should be. I imagine this lit a fire under some Adm's craw and this hopefully has been dealt with adequately.

The USN, in its drive to keep efficiencies between contractors and their projects, have declassified thousands of items to allow "information sharing" and thus save the navy money. Unfortunately, China steals all of that information a lot easier than if it was classified and has used it to build up their Navy quite well.

I'm as much an AF guy as you are a SEAL.

So you seriously think the ChiCom Ft-2000 effectively neutralizes our E-2Ds? A CSG is one big can of whoop-*ss, with a lot of radars working full time, plus our space-based sensors looking for launches.

What about our new zinc bomb or the secret tunnel under the Bering Staits?

That should move the advantage back to at least US +1.

So you seriously think the ChiCom Ft-2000 effectively neutralizes our E-2Ds? A CSG is one big can of whoop-*ss, with a lot of radars working full time, plus our space-based sensors looking for launches.

What about our new zinc bomb or the secret tunnel under the Bering Staits?

That should move the advantage back to at least US +1.

Having spent many MANY months on carriers, I know exactly what we're capable of, and you're a moron. Stop reading Janes and Aviation Week.

I hope you get punched in the throat by a real team member. There's a special place in hell reserved for posers like you (and the Army 2LT that was caught wearing a Trident). That wasn't you was it? you seem to know about as much as a 2nd looey. You're so out of your league you couldn't even make the JV.

I have to give you credit though. The only reason I come to this site anymore is to see what dumb sh!t you've said lately, and that entertains me.

Last edited:
Asw?

Chinese Song diesel submarines pointed out to the USN that our precious carriers aren't as well protected as they should be. I imagine this lit a fire under some Adm's craw and this hopefully has been dealt with adequately.

The USN, in its drive to keep efficiencies between contractors and their projects, have declassified thousands of items to allow "information sharing" and thus save the navy money. Unfortunately, China steals all of that information a lot easier than if it was classified and has used it to build up their Navy quite well.
someone interested in ASW? How can that be on a pilot board, there is no glamour in submarine hunting, it is just long boring hours of hanging around.

someone interested in ASW? How can that be on a pilot board, there is no glamour in submarine hunting, it is just long boring hours of hanging around.

...until the day comes you pass accurate, real time info to the CSG, in which case you become a rock star. Although the opposite can be true when a periscope pops up in the wake and the ASW guys are out turning gas into noise.

Sarcasm noted. Don't forget you can tell a nuke driver by turning the lights out and watching them glow. Put a sub crew of 134 out and you get 67 couples after the cruise.....(ok enough sub jokes).

Too bad good old fashion diesel boats are still too damn quiet on batteries. Let's hope the spirit of Whitey Mack is alive and well in todays LA/Virginia drivers to tail the Chinese.

Having spent many MANY months on carriers, I know exactly what we're capable of, and you're a moron. Stop reading Janes and Aviation Week.

I hope you get punched in the throat by a real team member. There's a special place in hell reserved for posers like you (and the Army 2LT that was caught wearing a Trident). That wasn't you was it? you seem to know about as much as a 2nd looey. You're so out of your league you couldn't even make the JV.

I have to give you credit though. The only reason I come to this site anymore is to see what dumb sh!t you've said lately, and that entertains me.

Wow, “many Many months” on a carrier? Not many guys can say that. That’s so awesome!! You must know, like, everything.

You must have missed the briefings and spent the time in your stateroom with your good buddy Lt. Smirnoff .75l, planning to take the ATP written and then move on to the next exciting phase of your life: FO at Chautauqua on a ERJ-135.

Since the ChiCom FT-2000 so totally neutralizes our E-2Ds, we may as well go ahead and shut down D production and mothball the Cs. Might as well surrender now, avoid all those casualties we would be looking at when The ChiComs blow all our ships out of the water, and begin studying Cantonese so we will be able to understand our guards at the work camps where we will be assigned.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back