• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You're Welcome SkyWest

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Of course if Skywest had voted in ALPA, it would be 3-5 years before there were any pay increases.... Instead they get them immediately.... and don't have to pay 1.95%....

Well who knew :rolleyes: that it would take "Joe Duche" this long in the thread to make an Anti-Union statement! Hey Joe....how big is your "bonus" check going to be THANKS TO THE UNION LEADERSHIP? Yeah...that's what I thought...SHUT IT!!!!! JackAss!

Yeah...that's what I thought...SHUT IT!!!!! JackAss!

I was wondering when "Tomcant - the internet toughguy" was going to show up. This thing almost went 5 pages without a "SHUT IT" I was getting worried.

Last edited:
Rather, it seems to be driven by, "We can't find anybody to fly our aircraft, so we'll have to throw more money at them".

Who gives a flying fart as to the "why" if they're improving pay and/or work rules?

I don't look to my employer for validation or approval.

Take them to the cleaners, fight for every penny, but never expect a hearty "Thank You" . . .because when that garbage comes spewing forth, watch your wallet . . . no matter who it's coming from!

(Friends and family excepted. Mostly :) )

Who gives a flying fart as to the "why" if they're improving pay and/or work rules?

Why? Because if SKW was filling classes with no problem, they wouldn't need to raise pay to entice people to work there.

SKW pilots have already told management that they will take whatever SGU wants to give them. (or not give them)

Did management at ASA attempt to raise new-hire pay at ASA through a side-letter prior to the TA?

Yes, and the union correctly told them to finish the contract if they wanted their new hire pay so badly.

Similar thing is happening over here. Having trouble filling classes, so pay needs to be raised. Apparently, the initial offer by CC was low, and was rejected to include [hopefully] the whole pilot group. But the point is that the offer was not made to even up compensation at the two carriers, or out of the goodness of anyone's heart, but to attract qualified employees. As the pilot shortage progresses, pay increases will occur to retain qualified employees. It's economics, and it works with or without an antagonistic union.

Similar thing is happening over here. Having trouble filling classes, so pay needs to be raised. Apparently, the initial offer by CC was low, and was rejected to include [hopefully] the whole pilot group. But the point is that the offer was not made to even up compensation at the two carriers, or out of the goodness of anyone's heart, but to attract qualified employees. As the pilot shortage progresses, pay increases will occur to retain qualified employees. It's economics, and it works with or without an antagonistic union.

That right there is the whole problem!
When negiotiating pay issues there shouldn't even be a "Hopefully".
But, Hopefully SAPA will grab its ba!!s and man up,Hopefully it will be for everyone, not just the new hires (cuz' if I was JA and the board thats what I'd be pullin' for - to get people IN the door - losing people off the top is not so bad a thing because with it goes higher salaries)

Hopefully, Hopefully, Hopefully.....

You know what I Hope for - SAPA to be a little more antagonistic.....That would be nice......Oh, wait I just woke up....never mind.

Antagonistic (adjective)
1. indicating opposition or resistance

Synonym of antagonize = Mollify = Placate, Pacify, Appease.

Last edited:
SKW pilots have already told management that they will take whatever SGU wants to give them. (or not give them)

This is just not true.

That is a ridiculous oversimplification that ignores the complexities of the issue. The ones who actually made an informed decision and chose a "no" by not voting (as opposed to those who were apathetic and didn't call) were potentially saying a couple of things: that they didn't like ALPA; they were happy so far with the way the company treats them-including compensation and work rules; that management wasn't firing people left and right for bogus reasons and that they are independent, free thinkers. Their vote in no way prevents them from doing something differently in the future.

Even though I voted differently than they did, I support the decision that these fellow pilots made. The ones who were lazy or were incapable of coherent thought and action, well lets just say my opinion of them is other than supportive.

Fly Safe.

-JP

That right there is the whole problem!
When negiotiating pay issues there shouldn't even be a "Hopefully".
But, Hopefully SAPA will grab its ba!!s and man up,Hopefully it will be for everyone, not just the new hires (cuz' if I was JA and the board thats what I'd be pullin' for - to get people IN the door - losing people off the top is not so bad a thing because with it goes higher salaries)

Hopefully, Hopefully, Hopefully.....

You know what I Hope for - SAPA to be a little more antagonistic.....That would be nice......Oh, wait I just woke up....never mind.

Antagonistic (adjective)
1. indicating opposition or resistance

Synonym of antagonize = Mollify = Placate, Pacify, Appease.

I'll keep voting against pay packages that don't include everybody.

Latest resources

Back