Your Pay Cut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Probably already been thought of but,

Ok, so lets assume Delta wants consessions from the Delta Mailine guys. Now the delta guys don't have to play ball with management and give them this-BUT-lets say the pilots are willing to give a little anyways to "help out" their company. The Delta pilots have been around the block a few times, and I'm sure they would include some type of "snap back" deal to reverse the pay cuts when things are better. In a show of "good faith" between the pilots and management-the pilot group will present this to Delta before they try to pressure the pilot group-and included in this proposal- a clause that voids all the seniority resignations of the furloughed pilots if they choose to return from the commuters-read COMAIR here. Comair might not like this cause they now all the guys will leave as soon as delta calls-so put in a length of service deal, or some kind of monentary penalty, like the training fee some company's have if you leave before a certain time.

B

UNITY!!!

While I do think it's a shame that some mainline guys have had to give up seniority to go regional, that doesn't mean that the policy doesn't need to be changed.
Will some guys get screwed? Yeah, sure, all of the guys who gave up their seniority. But that's better than EVERYONE! And, on top of that, CMR is a leader in this industry. Don't do it for the rest of the regionals, do it for yourselves. Someday YOU may be furloughed from mainline, and you shouldn't have to give up your seniority to go fly for a regional again either.

Progress in this battle will not come easily. If everyone makes small gains, then, eventually, these small gains will add up over time into something big over time.

Think long term.

-Boo!

Stillaboo,

I don't understand what you are saying? Are you for or against the resignation policy at Comair?

Bye Bye--General Lee:confused:

stillaboo said:
While I do think it's a shame that some mainline guys have had to give up seniority to go regional, that doesn't mean that the policy doesn't need to be changed.
-Boo!

What I meant by that was that just b/c some former mainliners who now fly RJ's would be pissed that they gave up their seniority b/f a new policy of not having to give it up came into place doesn't mean that the new policy shouldn't be implemented still. Better to screw a couple guys who already gave up their seniority then to continue a policy where mainliners should expect to give up seniority to fly for a regional. The ultimate good of pilots as a whole is NOT served by forcing guys to give up seniority at a more desireable position to fly for a less desirable one.

I really don't understand why any CMR pilot could be for a policy of forced seniority resignation, unless it's just to spite DALPA. Someday many of them might be furloughed from mainline, and they will rue the day they decided it was a good idea to force mainliners to give up seniority to work regional. Staple mainline furloughs to the bottom or something, it's better than nothing (if mainline is 'too good' for 1st year FO pay on the junior equipment, then they don't have to take it). Furthermore, this might teach some of the mainliners why they need to help their regional bretheren raise the pay of a 1st year regional FO, instead of just poo-pooing the efforts of regional pilots from the right seat of a mainliner. I can guarantee you mainliners will care more about regional contracts if their pilots might actaully have to work under these contracts (sentencing some DALPA guys to hard time as a Mesa FO on reserve might be a swift dose of reality!). The only guys who get hurt in this are future newhires, and, being that they aren't identifiable and aren't part of the union, why should their interests be put before mainline furloughs, paying dues members of your union, particularly ones from your own company (a common parent company, at least)?

All of us pilots need to work together and stop all this infighting over what are, in the end, petty issues.

In short, General, I'm against CMR's current policy.

-Boo!

Boo,

That is what I thought. There might be a lot of Comair pilots that want to spite the mainline pilots, but it is good that you do not. Being a Delta furlough is probably not easy for those pilots because everybody knows that eventually they would want to go back. With the bad job market, it isn't easy for them. If ASA can drop that policy, I am sure Comair could do the same. But you are right, some of our pilots might not want to go over, and that is their decision. It would be nice for them to be able to if they wanted to, and I bet some would. Thank you for the clarification on your stance.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: ;)

I had a furloughed Delta guy as my F/O last week. He kept his seniority number at DAL. Same with an AA furloughee a week prior. If CHQ can do it, I dare say CMR can.

You would think so Skull, but they haven't. You guys at Chataqua and ASA will have an easier time getting on with Delta (if you want to) after this is all over. But, I have been told by Comair pilots that they do not want to leave Comair. Well, ok then! Most of our Furloughs are disgusted with Comair's policy and wouldn't want to go over there anyways.

Bye Bye--General Lee:rolleyes: ;)

stillaboo,

Where the heck do you think a lot of us came from before the majors? I think most of us are WELL aware of what you have to go through to get to a "major" job. We have DONE IT!

Good luck and hang in there.;) :) :cool:

I know where you guys came from, but I think mainline often loses interest in what goes on at the regional level. If you had more of a vested interest to stay involved, like if you knew you were headed back to the right seat of a 1900 at first year pay, you might pressure ALPA to be a bit more proactive.

If you haven't noticed, regional guys can't go more than 5 minutes without some infighting, blaming other carriers for forcing them to vote a certain way. I think it would do regionals some good to have mainline chill them out, like Marsellus Wallace in Pulp Fiction does to Jules. A refresher:

"You aint' got no problem, Jules. I'm on the mutha' f**ker. Go back in there and chill them nig**'s out and wait for 'The Wolf' who should be coming directly."

'Jules' is the regionals, Marsellus is mainline, and ALPA is 'The Wolf'. THAT is how it should work!

As long as mainline just thinks 'Dam, I am so glad I'm not flying for a regional anymore!', nothing will change. All pilots must work together towards a common goal. As long as mainliners think of their former job as second-rate, it will continue to pay 2nd rate with 2nd rate workrules. How can a regional pilot expect managment to give him a raise to a level consumate with mainline if mainline pilots don't even think he deserves it?

We all know how to get ALPA in gear. And it aint' a bunch of RJ's that's gonna' do it. Heck, US just gave Mesa 30 more jets that their furloughs could have flown b/c they couldn't come to an agreement on how much to pay the furloughs.

Regionals need leadership from mainline. Maybe THAT's why mainline is paid more to fly the same size plane. :)

-Boo!

Mainline Pilots eat thier young, and the Regionals know it

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back