• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your Pay Cut

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NO! NO! NO! ABSOLUTELY NOT! No concessions. I have seen no proof of any successful management negotiations to reduce other costs. My time and skills are valuable and do not come at a discount. Shame on anyone in this industry who doesn't feel the same.

General Lee (and others who may still be mis-informed):

CHAUTAUQUA DID NOT AGREE TO LOWER PAY RATES FOR MORE GROWTH!

(okay, I'm done yelling)

The contract is 7 years old. It has been expired for 2 years. It was signed when we had J31s and Saabs, jets were but a distant dream. When we voted to strike, mgmt came back with the threat of codeshare loss, no more growth, etc. We've said fine, bring it on a@@holes. Am I getting through to you yet? WE HAVE NOT TAKEN CONCESSIONS, AND WILL NOT. BTW, for the 40 or 50th time on this board, our growth has a lot to do with the EMB airframe costing 7.5 million less a copy than the Canadair, and ASA and CMR retiring the Brakillya. Am I getting through yet? Hello, McFly!

(end of rant)

Re: Pay Cuts...here's mine...still hurts

LearLove said:
but I could always .....lower or cut out the 401K contribution if I need the extra $$. I average 370/month into the 401K so that plus the cell and cable would give me 490 extra if I was in a pinch.

Don't cut the 401(k)!!! They will withhold more taxes, obviously, plus ALPA will access more dues (they can only touch your taxable income) so the net increase will be negligible. But you stand to reap big gains in retirement if you keep contributing. They power of compounding intrest is huge.

It's almost scary how similar your finances are to mine...:D

[End thread hijack]

General Lee,

Has Delta proposed altering your retirement plan at all? I ask because Alaska announced they want a 23% cut and to cancel the A-fund for all new hires, while upping the B-fund from 3% to 6%. I hope it is meant to be a joke. I think Alaska is the second highest paid right now, behind Delta.
I hope it goes well for you guys.

Singlecoil,

No, and they cannot do anything to our retirement since it is in our contract. They could change it in Chap 11, but we have been told that we are not even close to that. The reason we are in negotiations right now is to give back a little pay in order to lengthed our contract date and stregthen our retirement. But, we are not going to give away the farm and will get something in return for any pay we give back. We told them that if they do not like what we offer, they could shove it and we would see them in May 2005 for a couple years worth of negotiations. They do have a $1billion debt payment due in 2005, so they may want our help. Also, they have not asked any other employees for help yet, so I have a feeling they will TAKE money from the non-union people and accept what we offer. But, as I have said, we will get something in return, like a snapback or extension. We intend to still be the highest when this is all over, which is good for everyone. Somebody has to try to keep the bar high for everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Singlecoil,

No, and they cannot do anything to our retirement since it is in our contract. They could change it in Chap 11, but we have been told that we are not even close to that. The reason we are in negotiations right now is to give back a little pay in order to lengthen our contract date and stregthen our retirement. But, we are not going to give away the farm and will get something in return for any pay we give back. We told them that if they do not like what we offer, they could shove it and we would see them in May 2005 for a couple years worth of negotiations. They do have a $1billion debt payment due in 2005, so they may want our help. Also, they have not asked any other employees for help yet, so I have a feeling they will TAKE money from the non-union people and accept what we offer. But, as I have said, we will get something in return, like a snapback or extension. We intend to still be the highest when this is all over, which is good for everyone. Somebody has to try to keep the bar high for everyone.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes:

Don't listen to General Lee, aewannabe. GL is always s*itting on CHQ with false info.

CHQ has never accepted a concession since its unionization (if not its entire history)!

General Lee, either get your facts straight or SHUT UP!

Skull-one,

Well, with the competition already trying to lower the bar for you (Skywest, Mesa), you probably won't have the highest wages in the industry. Your management will say, "We have to stay competitive if we want to continue to expand....." Most of your junior people will want to upgrade faster and they will vote for expansion. Delta will probably pressure your management to keep the wages and costs low, and that will be passed on to you. Face it, this is the worst time ever for our whole industry. The industry line is, "Give up some pay, and fly another day." We are doing the same thing, and just watch---in two years the industry will be booming again, and where will our pay raises be? Gone. Can we ask for them back? Nope. That is why we are being proactive and setting our own schedule and rules. I hope you do the same.

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;)

General Lee said:
We will get things in return for any concession, like . . . snapbacks.

How is a snap back getting something in return? It's getting what you already had. If you conceed and make no gains in return, isn't that a net loss?

I don't get it.

Skull-One said:
CHQ has never accepted a concession since its unionization (if not its entire history)!

Neither has Mesa! They haven't exactly been a shining example of standing up to managment either, though. :)

Good luck with Republic, CHQ!

-Boo!

Latest resources

Back