• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your favorite regional airport to fly to

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AVL - Ashville, NC. On a sunny fall day when all the leaves in the mountains are changing color. HXD - Hilton Head, SC. Right in the coast, beachs, babes, the whole nine yards. He11 of a lot of unbelievable golfing down there too.

ACA doesn't serve it anymore, but no doubt my favorite was PHF (Newport News, VA). I like Roanoke, VA for small airports. For big ones, I guess Cleveland or Pittsburgh. Except the ground crews at PIT are lousy. CRW, right on General. My first time there it was all the way to approach mins and what a screwy scene to adjust to when you see it! It's an FAR 121 special arpt isn't it?

Kalispell, Montana is pretty awesome. Coming up through the valley over Flat Head Lake is a heck of a site. It's already been mentioned, but Missoula, MT is beautiful too. We don't go there anymore but Mountain Home, Arkansas was always fun. A little interesting at night with the VOR A and a 4 degree VASI (keeps you out of the power lines) to a 5000' x 60' runway. Beautiful during the day, great pizza, and some of the nicest darn people you will ever meet. Ah, the good ole days when we could drive to work!

MBS

boring, simple, friendly....

need i say more

Not exactly a regional airport, but I always enjoy flying into Mexico City. Lots of mountains, great views, and challenging arrivals including a 110 degree turn to final. Good CRM is definitely required.

Controllers and ground crews do a great job, and it's a great layover. As everyone knows, of course, Latin babes are the most beautiful women in the world. :) :)

I know its cold and frosty in the NE right now, but my vote is for all our northern cities.

Burlington, VT is a beautiful approach and nice overnight. All spring and summer on clear days, tower and approach couldn't care less about your flight path - so you tool over the lake or the mountains a little bit and then just do a visual to landing.

Portland, ME - Harbor Visual Rwy29 going around the little island up there with all the boats in the water. Short final is messed up with all those commercial boats, but I'm usually looking at the runway at that time. Great overnight - what a beautiful downtown and that prommenade walk/running path around the point is just fantastic.

Nantucket, RI - It's just cool to do the summer trips in there. If company could only work out a 16-18 hour layover, it would be perfect.

Bangor, ME - What? Sorry, I'm a golf-a-holic and our hotel is just a 3/4 mile walk to the public golf course. Rent clubs and play for $35. I've died and gone to regional heaven. Hey, if they're only going to pay me $33/hr(sic) and I have to work like a dog, then this is good stuff.

Key West first timer

Just flew a Duke into Key West with some friends. Second time in KW first time flyin in, Awsome view, I like the old missle silos. We stopped in Marathon, that was pretty cool too. Were going to try to get a reservation on that caravan to head out to the Dry Torguas (sp?) tomorrow. Key West Seaplanes I think it is.

I used to flight instruct in Marathon. I also flew tours around
Key West. What an awesome view. Marathon is also where I did my primary flight training. It doesn't get any sweeter than that!:cool:

SLW

Gotta love Saltillo, Mexico (SLW).

Come in to do a DME arc to intercept a localizer southbound then break off the approach to circle and land to the north. Airport notes state: "Caution high rising terrain East of the field, circling West of the field is prohibited"... Kind of a catch 22 situation. Just keep your circle within 3-5 miles on the East side and you're all set.

When you leave the next morning you look at all the mountains around you and it gives you little goosebumps thinking how close you were the night before to the "cumulus granite"...

Latest resources

Back