• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Your favorite regional airport to fly to

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey N9103M, question for you about DAB.... do the controllers hose everyone like that, even the airline traffic? I seriously hope they wouldn't send an MD-88, etc. around the pattern because of student traffic shooting practice approaches. I know that students have a right to shoot approaches, but I hope that scheduled airliners would get some sort of priority.

The reason I ask is that I've never flown into DAB, but this month I get to do a DAB turnaround every Saturday afternoon. Our slowest ref speed tends to be around 135 at lighter weights. I guess I'll have to be on the edge of my seat for that one.

Thanks

I miss the HTS overnights too. And the pink nautalus equipment.

A personal favorite of mine is flying the ILS 15R circle to 4L in BOS. When you join the river, you are actually flying below the skyscrapers just a 1/4 mile away. Very Cool!

JBcrjca said:
Hey N9103M, question for you about DAB.... do the controllers hose everyone like that, even the airline traffic? I seriously hope they wouldn't send an MD-88, etc. around the pattern because of student traffic shooting practice approaches. I know that students have a right to shoot approaches, but I hope that scheduled airliners would get some sort of priority.

The reason I ask is that I've never flown into DAB, but this month I get to do a DAB turnaround every Saturday afternoon. Our slowest ref speed tends to be around 135 at lighter weights. I guess I'll have to be on the edge of my seat for that one.

Thanks

It all depends....

Some controllers are great there. Others will have you do some of the stupidest things. Once, we had to circle from 7L to 16 while the Cessna ahead of us landed 7L with a LASHO clearance. All just because the instructor told ATC "This is a stage check and we need to complete a straight in ILS to a landing..."

Not too bad, but when you are on your 8th leg and you are looking foward to the hotel and you've already gone around once when a 172 decides that they need the full 10,500 to roll out, your blood will begin to boil.

I have gone there many times without any problems, but when the $hit hits the fan.....duck.

--03M

EYW...Key West.

It's cool to fly into, but what I remember the most is when you taxi off and contact ground you call "POSITIVE FOXTROT" because you have at least one hot chick on board. The guys in the tower scramble for their binoculars and give you thumbs up/high fives/and when you get your clearance, a number out of 10.0!!!

I miss it.

DAB-FAA training facility. When I used to fly out of there they would bring down controllers from ERW,LGA,etc. during speedweeks to handle all the high-speed traffic.

A personal favorite of mine is flying the ILS 15R circle to 4L in BOS. When you join the river, you are actually flying below the skyscrapers just a 1/4 mile away. Very Cool!

Don't get yourself in trouble now... It's the ILS 15R with a VISUAL TRANSITION to 4L.. Circling is not authorized on that side of the airport.:D

I usually don't get misty eyed in public, but here goes...

When I was scrolling through the posts, I started to noticed how many of those places I'd been to...Marsh and Govenor in the Bahamas, MSO, CRW, DCA, EYW and a bunch of others...

Flying up the Hudson at night to LGA...over the inner harbor of BWI, TEX, DEN on a clear day, especially on the NW arrival.
MIA at night.

I've been very lucky to go to these interesting and beautiful places with some very interesting, intelligent and stimulating people.

The view from the cockpit is one that very few people ever will experience. In historical terms, less than 1/10 of 1% of people have ever seen the world through more than two windows from 25,000 feet. We are a fortunate few, we band of brothers...

Maybe that is what draws us back. The promise of a better view.

Hey man I know where you're comin' from. I did my Instrument at Riddle in '01. You're right a few go-arounds over the long run means jack, but after an 8-leg, 15.9999 hr day, they suck....

--03M

Latest resources

Back