Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
satpak77 said:
don't understand the point of this thread

actually the first poster was a female college student learning to fly who i assume was curious how fast in theory you could get on with a major like SWA... it wasn't an attack on female pilots.

SWA GUY said:
The tradition of the cane and binkie was instituted by line pilots and checkpilots. I think we ought to tell the ground/sim instructors to stay outta our traditions!

In fact I'll do just that as soon as my PC is over.

I wonder when that started, as it wasn't even discussed when I went through.... ;) I had never even heard of it until I saw a couple of guys walking around the schoolhouse with them when I was there for a PC.....

Oh, and the youngest person on the 10/1 list was born in '78 and was hired in July '04...... and it's a guy..

Last edited:
CSY Mon said:
(But a voice in yer head is always going to ask about flying long-hauls across the oceans in big planes with sweet F/As looking for a good time on that long layover...) :D

Please man. Unless you're talking about Virgin Atlantic or some other foreign carrier the youngest crewmembers on those long hauls are the pilots. Could be a good deal though for someone with a fetish for grandmas....

satpak77 said:
Don't understand the point of this thread.
The air force puts 25-year old kids in bombers with nuclear capability and issues them a gov contract fuel card and some Form 15's and sends them across the globe.
I think the same age group can manage 737s from LBB to DAL...

It's not a question of if you can fly or not; It's assumed that at this level of airline flying, you already know how to manage an aircraft.
Basically, getting hired is a big game and you have to jump through their hoops. It's also about good timing. (Don't forget the type rating;) )

Green said:
Please man. Unless you're talking about Virgin Atlantic or some other foreign carrier the youngest crewmembers on those long hauls are the pilots. Could be a good deal though for someone with a fetish for grandmas....

Are you nuts? I have not yet seen a Virgin Atlantic FA who was not smoking hot. Really pretty girls, nice and young.

Wow this thread blew up. I was at a bar over the weekend and was talking with a girl who claimed to be a 25-year-old pilot for SWA. Instead of letting her know I had a couple hours in the air I proceeded to ask questions. She seemed to be pretty informed, but I still couldn't get over the fact she was only 25. She was also out with 2 other girls who were flight attendants. So considering the youngest was born in 78 I am guessing she was just a flight attendant. She gave me her digits and told me to call her. I will call her bluff tonight.

LJDRVR said:
Are you nuts? I have not yet seen a Virgin Atlantic FA who was not smoking hot. Really pretty girls, nice and young.

Read it again ljdrvr. I said UNLESS you are on a Virgin Atlantic flight or some other foreign carrier the FA's are mostly a## ugly. That means if you are on a US carrier they are likely going to be old and ugly. Understand?

That was definately not true at Continental. Old hags call in sick just as often as the young ones, and when they do, they get replaced by reserves. Ahh yes, reserves...

LewisU_Pilot said:
I will call her bluff tonight.

Better yet, sleep with her friends.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back