• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You won't believe what I heard on ATC Frequency

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I agree that it is very funny the way pilots from other countries speak, I laugh when I hear the Royer over the radio, but it's not funny to make fun of it over the radio.

You should hear american pilots trying to speak spanish in mexican airspace, now that's funny. And the mexican don't make fun of them, now that's respect.

So true, and you wonder why people think Americans are so stuck up? Oh my GOD they can't pronounce their "J's"!

It is one thing to make fun of these guys, heck I make fun of my share of people, but to do it over the radio I think was really rude.

I apologize if I eroded the intent of your thread, I guess you just touched a nerve and I didn't find it too funny.

Another one for you all

Back ground information on this one. We were ferring a CRJ back to ORD from BUF late one night. The MEL for which we were ferrying the aircraft limited us to 16,000. Time of day was about 10:00PM.

EAGLE 345: Toronto Center Eagle 345 checking in 16,000 feet

Toronto Center: Roger, Eagle 345. I see you filed for 16,000, why is that? - I explain the MEL and purpose of the altitude to him - Well, can I give you direct something a little further down the road?

EAGLE 345: I'll take direct Chicago if you can give it to me.

Toronto Center: Let me check a minute.

(pause)

Toronto Center: I've checked my calender and it says it's still September, not Christmas. Sorry.

Flechas said:
I agree that it is very funny the way pilots from other countries speak, I laugh when I hear the Royer over the radio, but it's not funny to make fun of it over the radio.

You should hear american pilots trying to speak spanish in mexican airspace, now that's funny. And the mexican don't make fun of them, now that's respect.

How do you know they don't? Maybe they think we talk funny.

Flechas said:

Then they should!!! People are too sensitive, LAUGH a LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!

Morning Wood said:
How do you know they don't? Maybe they think we talk funny.

Not maybe, I know for sure, I'm hispanic and I think you talk funny, but what I'm saying is that I haven't heard any pilot or controler making fun of the americans on mexican airspace.

Mosquito said:
Well Said!

People bash us for not learning english and now we get made fun of for speaking english?? I see it's a no win situation for us. It would be nice if people kept thier comments to themself.
That's what this forum is for, COMMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

golly

Hey Y'all, (there's an accent for you) aparently, you missed the intent of the original post. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. What I found funny about the example was the way in which ORD handles things. If anyone is being poked fun at, it is the lack of familiarity Air Mexicana Pilots have with ORD. They are the only ones given such special treatment. The story would have been less offensive to some if the "Unidentified Airliner" chuckles weren't included. Leaving that out would have been like not reporting the entire incident. That is the real world. Get upset with the "Unidentified airliner" not me.

If you want to rant about the way some pilots make fun of other pilots on ATC, start your own thread and have at it. It certainly would be different than complaining about pay, schedules, and the like. After all, that is what really brings us all together :cool:

pilotmyf said:
Then they should!!! People are too sensitive, LAUGH a LITTLE!!!!!!!!!!

I laugh, they laugh, I even laugh at my accent, but I don't make fun of anyone on frequency. Why do you need to put someone down in public, does that make you more of a pilot, or more of a man?

Jet_Driver said:
Hey Y'all, (there's an accent for you) aparently, you missed the intent of the original post. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. What I found funny about the example was the way in which ORD handles things. If anyone is being poked fun at, it is the lack of familiarity Air Mexicana Pilots have with ORD. They are the only ones given such special treatment. The story would have been less offensive to some if the "Unidentified Airliner" chuckles weren't included. Leaving that out would have been like not reporting the entire incident. That is the real world. Get upset with the "Unidentified airliner" not me.

If you want to rant about the way some pilots make fun of other pilots on ATC, start your own thread and have at it. It certainly would be different than complaining about pay, schedules, and the like. After all, that is what really brings us all together :cool:

Sorry for hijacking your thread man.
I didn't take any offense, it was just a comment. I enjoy having fun at the expense of the radio as much as you. Maybe I ave the wrong impression.

Now back to the original topic.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back