You want the A380 to be a failure?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
bocefus said:
Thanks for correcting me, I forgot to include the other Airbus owner, BAE in my post. 2004 saw a significantly greater disparity, BAE/EADS had about 10 billion more in revenues than Boeing.

The industry doesn't need the A-380, but the EU does.

My search was very quick, and I haven't seen numbers for 2004, but in 2001, BAE/EADS had combined Defense sales greater than Boeing, too.

http://www.defensenews.com/content/features/2002chart1.html

Let's get off the "my dad can beat up your dad" crap. People who don't fly busses don't like them because nobody actually flies them. People who(think that they) do fly them like them becuase when they accidentally hit the stick with their elbows while building plastic models of airplanes they actually COULD fly on the card table where the yolk should be the airplane effectively replies: "What are you doing.........Dave?" and keeps going.

Besides, a french dad can't beat up anything.

EuroWheenie said:
TonyC

Don't remember us having a discussion over the composition of the sea and the colour of the sky, but I'm willing to go down that road if it'll lead to an interesting debate ;)

We've never discussed the composition of the sea, but your "salty divide" comment leads me to believe we agree on its saline content. Our beliefs on how it came into existence is another story entirely. (Let's be big boys and save that discussion for another thread, shall we?)

As for the color of the sky, well, I think that falls into the same category. Again, we'd disagree on how it came to be, but apart from that, our primary difference would only concern the spelling of the word "color."

;)

TonyC

Roger on that mate. Ever read the most excellent "Revocation of Independence"? One of the rules there is that Microsoft should be told there is no such thing as American English, and correct their spill chucker accordingly ;)

I do like that expression, Salty Divide, though. Wasn't it Churchill who said (on the US and UK) something along the lines of "Two nations divided by a common language"?

Did someone say aluminium by the way ;)

Agreed, let's leave the "how we came to be here" for a really slow news day!

svcta said:
Let's get off the "my dad can beat up your dad" crap. People who don't fly busses don't like them because nobody actually flies them. People who(think that they) do fly them like them becuase when they accidentally hit the stick with their elbows while building plastic models of airplanes they actually COULD fly on the card table where the yolk should be the airplane effectively replies: "What are you doing.........Dave?" and keeps going.

Besides, a french dad can't beat up anything.

LOL. Progress, at last! Now we've graduated from juvenile rants to sophmoric arguments. :)

Lying next to my keyboard here is a sophisticated paper ariplane "model" that I downloaded from the Airbus website and printed on cardstock. It's too complicated to use scissors, so I've been waiting until I can find my exacto knife. Soon I'll have my own flying paper A380!

Oh, and by the way... Where, exactly, should a yolk be on an airplane?

(HINT: yoke? )

;)

EuroWheenie said:
Wasn't it Churchill who said (on the US and UK) something along the lines of "Two nations divided by a common language"?

Yes, I believe that was attributed to him.

Speaking of which... I don't know if it's intentional or not, but your continued misspelling of "bocefus" might be hurting his feelings. "fecus" sounds a lot like a nasty subject with which he'd probably not appreciate being associated. "Bocephus" is the nickname for Hank Williams, Jr., which he has, ironically, apparently himself misspelled.

On the other hand, he might be getting a kick out of it, I dunno. Just thought I'd mention it on the outside chance it's unintentional.

:)

TonyC said:
Oh, and by the way... Where, exactly, should a yolk be on an airplane?

Tony,

I'm surprised you don't know that. Ans: Why, at the center of its eggenage, of course!

TonyC

"In the outside chance" - like the chance of me winning this argument with bocefus?

Actually, it was not intentional and I offer my apologies.

Now time to get off this 'puter and go to hitch a ride to CPH and a party at the Bazooka on Saturday!

Been good discussing with you all. Enjoy the week-end ...

Well there boys and girls.

Not about to join the debate on lifestyles USA vs USE, having spent half my life on each, I finally voted with my feet.

As for the A-380 over-weight issue and if that could hurt the program?

Well, the 747-100 had the same issues: The design weight was about 670,000 lbs, but like almost every new airplane, it came it over...
Boeing decided to increase the max take off weight to 734,000 and ask Pratt to boost output of the engines to compensate, they did and the range and pay-load numbers were met..As for the fuel burn, it actually went down with later versions of the JTD-9 engine and everybody was content.

Tony C:

I always thought a proper Freudian slip was somehow sexually related?
Prey tell you have no such feeling for certain members of this board..?...:D

Latest resources

Back