• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You Must Hear Both Sides

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those of you who were coerced into signing a card while in training, do you want to live with that fear permanently? Vote IBT Airline Division and you will not have to stand alone.

21% attrition and counting. More leaving every day. Blacklisting 2-300 FJ pilots would be a rounding error in their hiring needs.

And the market has spoken. No one shows up for class, or if they do they are woefully under the requirements FJ promised the owners all pilots would meet.

Every major airline union has written in on the matter and you’re now making headlines in the daily ALPA updates. But sure, tell yourself they aren’t watching if it makes you feel better.

Lastly, you know this election will be a squeaker either way or else a union busting firm wouldn’t be advising the decert group. They’re certainly not doing it for free either. So the premise that every pilot you talk to on the road wants the union gone is completely false. It would be beyond your wildest dreams to win 60-40. So the truth is that about half the pilots aren’t buying it.

Here’s a tip. Try honesty. Complete, utter and brutal honesty. I just called out two massive lies in this post before breakfast.

JB- its been awhile. I’d say years. You make some interesting points. But I keep seeing all of this information and frankly where does it come from? How are we getting accessto the actual numbers of attrition etc? Frankly I just want what’s true- wherever that comes from. And I think we all deserve that

Lumpy, you’ve been watching too many X-Files episodes. The truth is this management team are all liars, plain and simple. These are the same people all the decerters want to entrust the conditions of all of our livelihoods. Maybe Scully and Mulder will swoop in and save the day. Maybe Kenn is actually an alien. :)

Do you really think he is an alien?

JB- its been awhile. I’d say years. You make some interesting points. But I keep seeing all of this information and frankly where does it come from? How are we getting accessto the actual numbers of attrition etc? Frankly I just want what’s true- wherever that comes from. And I think we all deserve that

I don’t know who JB is, but I’m not him. A comparison of the original merged seniority list to today’s list minus any new hires tells you how many original employees have left.

That number has probably shifted from the 21% of a few months ago. It’s also still in the ballpark. 1/5 of the original group has left the premises.

Mr Lumpy, this is very professionally put together and I think people in high places have got their heads together to put fear and doubt in everyones mind. I have a good idea where this message is coming from and would like to point out the need of the IBT1108. Pilots need a referee in the game to see fair play even though players on both sides can be good at their game. A move by a player could be a foul and the player himself may not see it. Even the best intentions of management may not agree with the work force so the referee steps in. The flight attendants who were pushed out did not have anyone representing them so look where they are today. REPRESENTATION IS NEEDED. Think long and hard about your future.

Mr Lumpy, this is very professionally put together and I think people in high places have got their heads together to put fear and doubt in everyones mind. I have a good idea where this message is coming from and would like to point out the need of the IBT1108. Pilots need a referee in the game to see fair play even though players on both sides can be good at their game. A move by a player could be a foul and the player himself may not see it. Even the best intentions of management may not agree with the work force so the referee steps in. The flight attendants who were pushed out did not have anyone representing them so look where they are today. REPRESENTATION IS NEEDED. Think long and hard about your future.

Well thank you "Mr. Airy". I had to be careful how I post because someone else gave me a real hard time about making a mistake in choosing the wrong word. He got really mad at me about it.
I agree about "Higher-ups" scaring pilots. Higher-ups in the Teamsters have been using nothing but fear to try to intimidate voters. Kind of scummy if you ask me,
As for the origin of my posts..... Just a regular ole line pilot.
I also agree that a "Referee" is nice to have, but not a crooked one. Not one who makes calls for others and not for who's in the game playing. Not a Ref that holds a hidden agenda and does not listen to the players when they have a concern about a questionable call.
KR seems to be sincere and genuine is his latest video that was texted to us. I trust him more than I trust the Teamsters. Plain & simple. I believe him more than I believe the Teamsters.
I'm a practical man and I have thought about this "long & hard" as you said.
The particular teamsters involved with over-seeing this Local do not have the pilots' best interest at heart. That has been obvious for awhile.
The pilots that choose to leave, I wish them good luck. Those of us who choose to stay have every right to want what's best for our future here.
There are two opposing choices and the NMB election process is the best way to come to the most favored decision. What else needs to be said about that?

Well thank you "Mr. Airy". I had to be careful how I post because someone else gave me a real hard time about making a mistake in choosing the wrong word. He got really mad at me about it.
I agree about "Higher-ups" scaring pilots. Higher-ups in the Teamsters have been using nothing but fear to try to intimidate voters. Kind of scummy if you ask me,
As for the origin of my posts..... Just a regular ole line pilot.
I also agree that a "Referee" is nice to have, but not a crooked one. Not one who makes calls for others and not for who's in the game playing. Not a Ref that holds a hidden agenda and does not listen to the players when they have a concern about a questionable call.
KR seems to be sincere and genuine is his latest video that was texted to us. I trust him more than I trust the Teamsters. Plain & simple. I believe him more than I believe the Teamsters.
I'm a practical man and I have thought about this "long & hard" as you said.
The particular teamsters involved with over-seeing this Local do not have the pilots' best interest at heart. That has been obvious for awhile.
The pilots that choose to leave, I wish them good luck. Those of us who choose to stay have every right to want what's best for our future here.
There are two opposing choices and the NMB election process is the best way to come to the most favored decision. What else needs to be said about that?

Why is it so easy to pick the paid union busters out of the crowd...........

Latest resources

Back