• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You might be frieght trash if....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-You carry a roll of duct tape in your flight bag from October through March or a coleman lantern/stove to heat the cockpit.

-You check in and out of sectors with the IDENT button OR you have to tell a new controller what the next sector's Frequency is.

-Your personal heigene is maintained at the FBO's that stock the bathrooms with razors, deoderant and mouthwash

-CRM (Cockpit/Crew Resource Mgmt) in three valuable components...

A: The order in which you will arrange your reading material for that night in the vacant Co-pilot's seat.

B: The Amount of gas you plan to leave in one of your aux tanks as your alarm clock (when the motor sputters) prior to descent and landing.

C: How you arrange check lists and charts in the windows to keep from being awoken/blinded by the rising/setting sun because the visors were removed to lower the empty weight of your aircraft.

-You convince the night manager at Taco Bell to stay open a half hour later every night to feed you.

-You convince the night manager at Shari's to save the best piece of steak for you in the morning.

-You convince the morning Manager at Denny's to give you the Midnight Menu and prices.

-You get off work and have to wait 4 hours to cash your paycheck.

-You know the lines to every episode of Coach, Cheers, Taxi and every Paid Programming Advertisement.

-The only sports you watch are Highlights on ESPN

-You have to find and wake-up a line guy to get fuel and/or he just hands you the keys to the truck.

My favorite memory was wedging my 6 hour old bag of popcorn from the FBO next to one of the air ducts and turning the heat on in the airplane. Hot buttered popcorn at 3am and 9000ft was such a treat!!

Without a doubt you are frieght trash if the only thing EVERYONE watches at the FBO's on your stops is Howard Stearn and Wild On.

KlingonLRDRVR

... When the FBO owner tells you that the Pilots lounge is for Pilots only.....

...when your inflight entertainment includes listening to "Coast to Coast" with George Noory on the ADF early in the morning with crazy people calling in, and all the up to date information on UFO's and crop circles.

...anybody else out there know what im talking about??

What's the freq. for "Coast to Coast"? My favorite is the hog futures reports on 1300 on my way to KC.

Starcheck1,
Coast to Coast is helarious. I dont know how that George Noory dude keeps his composure. I think that a requirement for calling is that you are either insane or high. If you are near ATL check out Neil Boortz.
usc

Starcheck1,
Coast to Coast is helarious. I dont know how that George Noory dude keeps his composure. I think that a requirement for calling is that you are either insane or high. If you are near ATL check out Neil Boortz.
usc

you might be freight trash if......

....on initial contact, ATC asks "are you on 3 engines or 4 tonite?" I swear this actually happened to me tonight. I answered that we we had all four running, but ironically before we'd left his sector, we had to shut down #1. Did he know something that I didn't ?????

Latest resources

Back