• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You might be frieght trash if....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I couldn't find the list that I had ready for T-shirt production but...

If you've ever stood in front of the vending machine debating the nutritional advantages of cornuts over m&m's!

If the hotel van driver has no idea where you are on the airport.

If your max gross weight mysteriously increases around December 15th.

You declare an emergency if your walkman's battery dies.

The w/x observer comes out of his hole to watch you tale off!

You are on a first name basis with all of the controllers.

You know why you have to have two ADFs.

I'll post more if I cand find the list. Some days I miss being in the cockpit by myself!

It could be worse... you could have to go out and find a real job:)

If your preflight includes checking your flight bag for work gloves and knee pads, you might be a frieght dog....

This one is for Asquared:

If your airplane doesn't leak oil, but marks it's teritroy, you might be a frieght dog....

Hows things down south? We're getting hammered up here with the Navajo AD that just came out......

You might be a freight dog if:

Your motto is "Why check the weather, I gotta go anyway".

You view radar as somthing that by looking at it will just scare you.

Center doesn't say change to my frequency 123.45 any more, they just expect you to be on the new frequency when its time.

You actually find the Art Bell radio show educational. (thats on 1510 AM)

You get informed that there is a ground stop at the airport because of a thunderstorm on top of the field and you don't see what the big deal is.

You haven't looked at a chart in 6+ months.

Someone asks you the biggest part of your job and your response is staying alive!

And.....

Passion for Flying.....I thought I was the only one who did that!!

Who might be a freight dog if....

ATC tells you that no one has been through that line of thunderstroms for over 4 hours -- the line you are currently picking your way through....listening to everyone else deviate

ATC gives you a ride report and you try not to laugh....thank you for the information...ocassional light turb you say??

You give a ride report, hoping that someday some airline will be nice to you and hire you because you told them about the mod turb at 370......not that it bothered you....it kept your f/o awake.

If the ONLY meals you ate that day are the Pizza in LIT (on going to the border and one on the way home....)

Gotta love this life!! It is true freedom...

P.S. And the Pizza in LIT -- if they don't have pizza, they'll give you an ice cream bar & soda (on the house).

Last edited:
GREAT post guys! Geez it is so crazy how much of this stuff is actually dead on balls TRUE. I always see the sunrise and sunset in one day, always wash my hands before taking a piss, and

Your new FO ask, "what the weather like at our destination?" and you reply, It will be what it is when we get there, STARTING #1.

TO all my brothers out there, fly safe we'll see ya tonight!

SD

When CLT app tells you "You may want to widen it out a bit, you're following a Cherokee and you've got 250 Kts. on him."
OOpps..

KlingonLRDRVR

When ATL APP tells you go direct ATL and go fast at 8000ft, and your in a Lear25.

You check on with APP and they clear you to land(runway of your choice), taxi to the ramp and give you your outbound clearance.

You do your preflight, load your boxes, and then wash your hands off under one of the fuel tank drains before you fly.
(BE-18, DC-3)

Last edited:
When you are climbing out at 4000 fpm in a Lear 25 after center clears you to 230 then calls you back to maintain 14000 when your through 12,500 (you know your trash).

All of these are great! Toad4 and Spindoctor had me in friggin' stitches!!!

It's a lonely and unappreciated life we live, but as Furloughedgal (how ya doin'?) said........it is true freedom.

Only frieght trash would know that Av gas 100LL works great in Zippo lighters. Never buy fuel again for that lighter

Latest resources

Back