• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

You might be frieght trash if....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
-- when none of the six levers on your 401 match up, and it doesnt matter anyway because no two readings on the engine instruments match either.

--when it's 5:30 AM, its 200 and 1/2 for your ILS and you have to apply the "breakfast minumums adjustment" by subtracting 100 and 1/2 to the published minimums.

--when your pretakeoff mental briefing is "god, I sure hope nothing is going to go wrong on this takeoff, or else I'm gonna have to crash" because you're so tired you wont even try to feather the correct prop.

--if you've ever taken off with the flaps down in a twin cessna.

--if you've ever landed with the aux tanks on in a PA-31-350.

--when the metro I is a "step up" from your navajo, and you long for the day you get it.

You know your a freight dog when you consider sleeping under the pool table a luxary accomidation for day rest.

...when external oil is considered part of maintance's anti-rust program...

...when you have to park at the most extreme parts of the ramp so that you don't scare the "customers"...

...when ATC knows you by your first name, you might just be a freight dog

...when you realize you have more in common with a Vampire than your D.O. you might be freight dog. (unless you D.O. is already blood thirst SOB)

...when more things are MEL-ed than working you just might be a freight dog...

...when your neighborhood life insurance refuses to insure you because your job is overly hazzardous, you just might be a freight dog..

...and if you laugh when Airline Captains anxiously ask for rediculous vectors around fair weather cumulus clouds, you might just be a freight dog veteran.

You might be freight trash if...

You have to fly the plane from the instruments on the other side.

You have to donate plasma to supplement your income.

You have to enter your airplane from the cargo door.

You rate the airports you fly into on whether the Lazy boys are in working order

Your captain says, "you take it i'm gonna grab some shuteye" and instead of napping next to you he/she climbs onto the cargo and goes to sleep.

You know where Willow Run airport is (my personal fave)

You laugh when your friends ask you what sim training was like.

If you can name more than 3 135 companies.

You've had to spin the props after landing (LOL!)

You've slipped on the wing while preflighting and slid all the way down to the ramp ripping your jeans in the process.

You've flown with Connie K himself (love the guy)

You know what the 'Garrett salute' is (fingers plugged in ears)

You never were a coffee drinker until you started flying freight.

You go to jumpseat somewhere and the gate agent says, "Who do you work for again?"

You wake up in the morning have a full day, go to sleep at midnight or later and as soon as you hit the pillow...BEEP BEEP BEEP!

Fly safe freight dogs!

Rook
600' AGL Autopilot on.
'WHEW!'

regarding Willow Run: you're the only white guy in the ghetto because the freight company you fly for has a 15 minute showtime

You may be freight trash if...

You've considered a single engine take off in a twin.

You find a full moon blinding.

The most expensive thing you own is your headset.

You take pride in the "Cargo Only, No passengers" placard

------------------------------------------------------------

Fly safe. Go Bless America.

You might be freight trash if:

the customs officer asks you, "Do you guys feel safe flying this thing?" and "Who are you guys, Air America or something?"

you see the airport (YYZ) environmental protection truck parked next to your plane, and the agent is on his cell phone having a long conversation with someone...

you've ever kept a broom on the plane so you can sweep chicken feathers and kitty litter out the cargo door.

you keep a container of "fast orange" in your flight bag.

somebody comes up to you and says "my grandfather flew these in the Air Force..."

Fly Safe.

Wang

You take both hands off the yoke to kill a bug with the checklist on base about 600 AGL.
Also, a sign you've spent way too time in that aircraft.

Hilarious! I can relate to so many of these and don't know if I should laugh about it, or be concerned.

How about, you might be freight trash if....

You're jumpseating on a midnight run, and decide to take a quick nap, then as you wake up, you notice the captain is taking a nap too, then after waking him up, he gives you the dazed and confused look and dozes back off....... (actually happend)

or...

If ATC tells you there's a smoother ride 2,000ft higher and you decline because you don't care....

or...

ATC asks you more than 3 times if you have another radio, even after you've switched them.....

or

If ATC refers to you as "unreadable" more than what your call sign is. :D

. . . CLT apch tells you to slow to apch speed on final because you'r overtaking the 737 in front of you . . . and you're in a Lance.
Happened to me yesterday.
And ditto the one about washing hands before peeing.
This is all so funny & true!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back